NATO INVOKES ARTICLE V - Serious

by Amazing 68 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Amazing I agree 100% with you, I'm a little old, my eyes aren't what they use to be, but I can still pull a trigger (been there did that) and to placate these bastards whoever they are is asinine.

Pathofthorns and Mad just need to fall to thier knees, pull thier pants down spread thier cheeks feel afraid and tell em to penetrate them, what a bunch of babies.

We need to stand firm and supportthe President (not obscenely accuse him of prior knowledge of this act) and give him and his administration our support. If you can't do that, then maybe you should be chasing brick walls at high speed until you drop. Buff

F em all but nine, 6 pallbeares, 2 road guards and one to count cadence.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Amazing, I agree, but I also know that the US doesn't have the stomach for the "solution".

Everyone wants to take a moral "high road". The fact is, that you can't completely and thoroughly clean out a septic tank without getting a little shit on your hands. You have to stoop to their level to solve the problem.

Suicidal terrorists are obviously not afraid to die, or be killed. Thus, to make a point with their successors, you not only have to kill the current terrorists, but you have to kill their grandmother, their wife, their daughter, their cousin, etc. Then, future terrorists must not only be willing to sacrifice their own life, but also the lives of all their friends and relatives.

As for Bushy versus Gore, all I can say from William Cohen comments, let's be thankful he's not pulling the strings. The Dems would probably invite Bin Laden to a Rose Garden picnic and cry for his forgiveness for "cruise miss-iling" his camel herd a few years back.

Edit:

Buff, what part or all of my previous post went zooming by your head at all of 2 miles per hour?

• Hojon
    Hojon

Amazing, I totally agree. Severe, swift and destructive retaliation is what will stop this.

Look at Khadafy. He was a big man running around attacking US personell until we rained fire down on him. We killed his son. He left us alone. He even went so far as to denounce what happened yesterday.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi MadApostate: You make some good points. I especially find your thought here good,

"Everyone wants to take a moral "high road". The fact is, that you can't completely and thoroughly clean out a septic tank without getting a little shit on your hands. You have to stoop to their level to solve the problem."

The USA was a nice place before WWI and WWII. My parents generation finally were forced to get their hands dirty. They did not like it and many leaders at the time did not want to get into the septic tank, but eventually they did.

I think yesterday was our first of a serious wift of the septic tank, only it was the terrorists rubbing our faces in the shit. You may be right that the USA may not be up to it --- and from our track record, with the excpetion of the Gulf War which almost totally succeeded, we have been rather shy to get dirty --- but, yesterday may have also changed all that --- time will tell. Thanks for your good points. - Amazing

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

No one is talking about Hitler here. Each situation demands a careful analysis as to the benefits and downfalls of whatever action is taken.

You don't even know who your enemy is. There is talk of going to war, but where will you drop the bombs?

You aren't fighting countries, but crazy individuals. When you finally kill him and his wife and children, you inspire hundreds more to die for their cause. Will you and your family be safer then?

Path

(PS. I like the stuff you write Amazing. I am just trying to grasp the mentality of Americans on this matter, while at the time trying to explain my perspective.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Path: I agree, the enemy is not as clear as were Germany and Japan in WWII. Nevertheless, the host nations are Palastine, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Egypt. These are supplied by the Peoples Republic of China and North Korea with arms, training, money and related support.

Unfortunately, our own government has allowed lax security so that China now has a delivery system for ICBMs. And the terrorists pilot were trained in Florida. But, that give us a start, and since Afghanistan does harbor Ben Laden, then start there. Give them 48 hours to turn over Ben Laden and his gang, or start the bombing.

One good total destructive mission will serve well to send the message. Then, as we get more information from the next nation that host terrorists --- give them 48 hours --- then start the bombing. After a while, the signal will get louder, and louder, and louder, and they will tire of it and the cult mentality, like that of the Nazis, will give way, and reality will finally catch up to fantasy.

Amazing

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken
    Suicidal terrorists are obviously not afraid to die, or be killed. Thus, to make a point with their successors, you not only have to kill the current terrorists, but you have to kill their grandmother, their wife, their daughter, their cousin, etc. Then, future terrorists must not only be willing to sacrifice their own life, but also the lives of all their friends and relatives.

I can't help but wonder--does this also apply to spiritual terrorists? If so, why are we discussing anything on this board? Why not just kill all Jehovah's Witnesses and remove this cancer from civilization?

How people think--their indoctrination--is the cancer, not the people themselves. You cannot kill thoughts with bombs and bayonets.

Like Albert Camus, I believe our goal should be "to substitute civilization and reason for barbarity and fanaticism."

I agree with PathofThorns' thoughts.

Ginny, a citizen of the world

from Oneness
    by Jeffrey Moses

The Golden Rule

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for this is the law and the prophets.

- Christianity

What is hurtful to yourself do not to your fellow man. That is the whole of the Torah and the remainder is but commentary.

- Judaism

Do unto all men as you would wish to have done unto you; and reject for others what you would reject for yourselves.

- Islam

Hurt not others with that which pains yourself

- Buddhism

Tzu--Kung asked: "Is there one principle upon which one's whole life may proceed?" The Master replied, "Is not Reciprocity such a principle?--what you do not yourself desire, do not put before others."

- Confucianism

This is the sum of all true righteousness--Treat others, as thou wouldst thyself be treated.

Do nothing to thy neighbor, which hereafter Thou wouldst not have thy neighbor do to thee.

- Hinduism

[Edited to add "a citizen of the world"]

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hey Cat! Who's under the bed with you?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Amazing,

. . . and they will tire of it and the cult mentality, like that of the Nazis, will give way, and reality will finally catch up to fantasy.

Did the cult mentality give way? We still have people who believe as the Nazis did.

Ginny

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Amazing, I agree with every comment you make! When I first learned the news of what happened yesterday I was walking into my school (I'm a school secretary). A teacher told me what was going on. I just started crying. But I had to hurry up and compose myself. I thought, "As I was waking up this morning, those people were flying into a building." I was sick to my stomach all day but couldn't let myself mourn. Then we were told schools would not be closing. So we had to go all day and act like "business-as-usual." Last night I tossed and turned. Today it was the same old thing. Until I read your anger and outrage did I put my feelings into words. I am sickened and cry as I type. We need to retaliate and SOONER rather than LATER. If Afghanistan does not turn Bin Laden over, they need to be bombed. They are in effect saying, "Ha ha" to us by harboring him. We MUST fight back. Or we will never heal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit