NATO INVOKES ARTICLE V - Serious

by Amazing 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

When Nato invokes Article V, it is more than just one member asking for support from the other member states, but Article V invocation means ALL member states view the attack as an attack on them ALL. In other words, NATO Aliance is at war with those responsible, and will support the US lead, which will now hold not only the terrorists responsible, but hold those nations that host them as equally responsible.

"BRUSSELS, Belgium (CNN) -- NATO has unanimously declared the hijack attacks on the U.S. to be an assault against all member states."

"It is the first time in 52 years that the alliance has invoked Article V -- the NATO self-defence charter that says if one member state is under attack all other member nations would defend it."

"The secretary-general added: "The (NATO) Council agreed that if it is determined that this was an attack directed from abroad against the United States, it shall be regarded as an action covered by Article V of the Washington Treaty, which states that an attack against one ally is an attack against them all."

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/09/12/nato.us/index.html

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

This cat is run underneath his bed.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Fred, my cats also have been acting weird all yesterday.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'd definitely file this under the "ducks in a row" column.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Us cats can tell when bad times are coming.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

You, too? My two beagles also howled ALL NIGHT LONG LAST NIGHT and my two cats were going totally nutso. I thought maybe they were catching our vibes? Who knows.

Flight 11= Sept 11, the date of the tragedy.
    Flight 93= 9+3, Sept 12, today's date.
    Flight 175= 1+7+5= Sept 13, Thursday.
    Flight 77= 7+7= Sept 14, Friday."

• larc
    larc

Amazing,

Thank you for the important information. I have been watching the news most of yesterday and today, but I missed that.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sorry, Amazing, I duplicated your post. It's gone now.

This is useful: http://www.nato.int/#

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Englishman: It was I who duplicated yours. I did not see yours while I was creating my own. Sorry for my goof. Thanks. - Amazing

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I can't see all countries in NATO giving complete support to retaliation, especially the "not only the terrorists responsible, but hold those nations that host them as equally responsible" part.

Bombing more innocent people (and there always are innocent people in the crowd) to make a statement to other politicians safe in bunkers hardly makes any sense. It is a very crude 'eye for an eye' style justice that most of the free world has moved beyond.

The thinking behind bombing people so you feel better and believing you have 'taught someone a lesson'is childish and only escalates matters and costs more lives at home and abroad.

I think as much as the world expresses pain at what has happened, many also regret what the future holds if America goes down this path. Hopefully cool heads will prevail.

Those behind this will be found in time, and they will be given up. Most of the world, including those not allies with the US agree that those who did this should be punished. But no one knows conclusively who they are yet, and no one knows for sure that they aren't American even.

The Nato comments seem rather premature given what is known for sure.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit