What Bothers You The Most About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

I hate hate hate that they can't just LET ME GO already. Even tho I DA'd, a freaking elder still wants to "talk to" me "in six months" (according to the ex -- still a jw). Even the ex described me/my situation as "when Anakin chose the dark side" because in the end, he came back over to the good as there was good all along ("good" in this wonderful illustration is equated with "jw" brainwashed-ness ) This just pisses me right off...

And it's not just me that they do it to. There's always a mention of so-and-so who "left the truth" but s/he "knows it's the truth" and will hopefully one day "return to jehovah". Just let them be, geez.

~merfi
    Hotel California

• roybatty
    roybatty

Just the utter waste of time and energy.....all for nothing. If the millions of hours spent going door to door were spent, say, on helping the homeless, the elderly or troubled youths, the wonderful things they could accomplish. WHat a dam shame, millions of people spending millions of hours doing something that most of them don't enjoy but feel forced into doing.

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

LOL LOL I LOVE ALL OF YOU , IT SURE HITS IT ALL ON THE HEAD ,

SO WILL. HOW CAN ANYBODY READ THIS AND NOT GET THE MESSAGE

GET OUT WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD, RUN WITH BOTH FEET!!!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The shunning. It's hard. When I left, I figured my sister and brother in law wouldn't be far behind and then my little brother, nephews and so on. No deal. They are even further in because my being "lost to the apostates" has scared them immensely.

Last night, my nephew who is 38 years old and lives with my sister under her thumb, told me that I shouldn't bother ever coming to New Mexico to visit him. He said that even though he has decided he doesn't want to study or stop smoking, his father will not let him associate with me at all. He's going to be in terrible trouble for calling me while they at the assemby this weekend.

The comic relief to all this is: some sister backed out her parking place at the KH, 90 to nothing and hit them. They got a $1000 check from her insurance company. They used the money to go to the convention. Jehovah provided. Hahahaha.

• anewme
    anewme

What bothers me is that they mistakenly believe they are living spiritual lives by the very acts of going to their meetings and participating in the Watchtower and reporting their 10 hours a month.

They are arrogant and secure and complacent because they are told if they do the things the GB tells them to it qualifies them for life eternal.

So they stop growing and striving internally as the external showy display takes the greatest of their energy and efforts.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

The fact that they have got the general public believing that they are relatively harmless.

• Ubgood
    Ubgood

Their arrogance with their ignorance ! but their partly not to blame.

• In Between
    In Between

Excellent comments by all ...

Lack of true love among the 'brotherhood' ... and that you're a nobody unless you've achieved the 'rank' of elder or m.s. or pioneer

The fact the the b.o.e. couldn't care less about those that are 'weak', unless they think you're doing something wrong ... then they're on your front porch first thing ...

The shunning ...

The loss of family and friends bound by some law that only other j.w.'s are appropriate association ...

As Dennis Miller says "I don't mean to go off on a rant here" ... LOL!

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Lack of love, and arogance, as if they are the only ones save and all others will die, even babies and childern.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

"these are the same clowns who say they would give up their lives for each other?"

Thats so easy for them to say until they are staring at the business end of a rifle.

More dub tough talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit