What Bothers You The Most About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, I think it's their hypocrisy. They lead (the vast majority) a double life. And ultimately they look down on anyone not a JW yet they won't even wn up to it.

• kgav8r
    kgav8r

I have a unique perspective, having never been a JW, but being exposed first hand to there beliefs. Being on the outside, the quality i find to be their worst, is their ability to turn against one of their own and condemn them. It seems so easy for them to treat one like a brother on one day when they "know" they share beliefs, then the next day judge them as the worst, call them an apostate, and scorn and shun them after finding out the accused went two-stepping with a "worldly man" at a bar last night. The said accused will then "repent" (submit their lives to the standards of a dozen men in Brooklyn) and everything is once again okay. I guess the ability turn the love on and off without even thinking hurts the most.

KG

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Witnesses love to judge others.

• JH
    JH

What bothers me the most is the simple thought of them thinking that they alone are saved, and all the arrogance that comes with it.

• kgav8r
    kgav8r

I agree, JH. In fact, there isn't just one thing that bothers me the most. I think their whole thinking is flawed. There is just so much that bothers me about them. Uhg! It's so frustrating!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the most bothersome thing to me is that because of my lifetime as a jw, the treatment i recieved, my faith in God is permanently damaged. its like i was raped spiritually and my innocence is lost, and the cycle continues because my kids are still active thru their dad.

• minimus
    minimus

"Raped spiritually". I've heard that before. Very powerful comment!

• bem
    bem

This crap * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/116489/1.ashx that has been going on and makes them no better than the catholics they pounced on eagerly becaue of the same horrible conduct.

* posted by Elsewhere

• Maverick
    Maverick

How blind and foolish, I was as one of them and, they still are!

• garybuss
    garybuss

#1. Blood medical non treatment.
    #2. Pedophile policies
    #3. Indoctrination, enslavement, and abuse of children

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit