What Bothers You The Most About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

OPENMINDED, that was excellent!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    :What Bothers You The Most About Jehovah's Witnesses?

Openminded has said it all. Incredible!

ps: I wish he'd post more often.

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Me too, Dis.

• xjwms
    xjwms

That I was soooo brainwashed

and that I gave and gave

and that its not easy to burn that bridge for me.

• openminded
    openminded

that essay was written by hillarystep - very well written

• minimus
    minimus

I saw HS but wondered why Hillary would ever have 2 accounts. Simon won't tolerate this. Can't be. He would never break such a rule.

• undercover
    undercover
    What Bothers You The Most About Jehovah's Witnesses?

That they exist?

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI ubgood & welcome!

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Besides the hypocrisy & other points already touched on...the fact that a person's best is never good enough. For me there was the constant pressure to do more, more, MORE--usually without acknowledgment or commendation of any kind. And don't dare give yourself credit for anything--you're just doing what Jehovah expects of you!!! For someone who has already struggled throughout life with much lower-than-average self-esteem (due to Asperger's & other factors), messages such as these were especially detrimental emotionally & psychologically.

What bothers me most, however, is the fact that I wasted over 25 years of my life among them, trying to please them, & now must pick up the pieces & learn skills for 'normal' living that most people in my age bracket probably mastered years ago..

DR

• free2beme
    free2beme

The fact that they can keep a straight face and say "I honestly believe all this crap." When you know they don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit