YOUR LAST MEETING.........................

by vitty 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to inunya!!!

• lilybird
    lilybird

Our last meeting was the summer district assembly in Toronto- 1986.I had been having doubts for a long time before that,some doctrinal and some were just issues with the way certain people and matters were handled by elders. I had been talking to my husband about how I wanted to no longer be a jw, but he was having difficulty admitting for a long time he felt the same way. It was another hot boring assembly day, where our kids couldn't keep still. We listened to the speaker droning on and on about the same mindless meaningless crap. My husband and I looked at each other and said"lets get out of here" and we never went back . Our children told us they are so grateful we didn't raise them as jws and they were able to live a life with choices.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Don't you like to read the "experiences" of others?

I am bumping up this thread again as it is so informative, and thought others might like to add their own memories of the "last meeting."

Also, wanted to add the thought that not everyone who posted here is still around. Hope the best for those who have "moved on."

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good bump and funny how the memorial was many here last meeting same here cant quite remember the year I think it was 1993, went to one day of the summer DC and a couple of hours of the 1994 DC and that was my lot.

• blondie
    blondie

I left Saturday morning of a circuit assembly and never went back.

Illustrations

penny - shiny quarter, Jesus would not pick up the penny

jw women are kissing corpses when they kiss their non-jw husbands (I wasn't the only one who left on that one)

training young elephants by conditioning, chaining them to a stake.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    jw women are kissing corpses when they kiss their non-jw husbands (I wasn't the only one who left on that one)

My ex said this to me shortly after I DA'd. It's a large part of the reason I left her.

W

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

That was my last meeting. It was the Sunday afternoon Watchtower meeting. I remember it being a very mild yet grey sky day in Toronto. I had been struggling with so many things; on the verge of suicide even, but I thought I'll go to 'keep up with appearances'. I sat at the back of the hall that afternoon. I hadn't been to meetings in nearly 6-8 weeks.

Prior to that, in the months of October and November, I was trying my damnest to be an Auxiliary Pioneer. I even attended extra Circuit Assemblies to help keep up my so-called 'spirituality'. Bah! What a fool I was. I did my best going out in service; feeling hypocritical yet wanting to believe what I was sharing with others: was true and/or help the householder I was visiting.

My last door, was in November 1983. I wrote about it here; it's buried way deep on this site. But it was a profound experience; one that I cannot forget. I remember the area I was in (Etobicoke, ON.) in western Toronto, but the street? Unfortunately I do not remember. It was a long chain of events that rendered me disillusioned, unhappy, unfulfilled, let down, depressed and (my thinking then) unloved by Jehovah. <really! I really thought: 'that is it he has given up on me, my prayers are NEVER answered'. And Pray I DID! but nothing changed no matter how many times I went out in service; pioneered; extra assemblies .... NOTHING MATTERED! NOTHING CHANGED!

I knew January 1, 1984, was my last meeting.

One couple did come up to me to express that they missed me. Otherwise, I felt invisible. Yes, the 'LOVE' - the 'fake' love; Jehovah's Witnesses are the masters of their own deception; so much so they're deceived by it as well, despite the blatant lack thereof.

Great reading these 'Last Meeting' posts.

Finally-Free: that's one hell of a thing to share with 'any' husband; that and many other things must've felt like the proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back'.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

"Spiritually starving to death"

That's what I was doing, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit