About to call the Brooklyn number

by Lo-ru-hamah 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    I might mention that I was on hold for about 20 minutes while they figured out which department they should have answer my question.

So do you know which department they finally sent your call to? Sounds like you were talking to someone in the Writing Department, definetly not Legal.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and make a prediction... *looks into crystal ball*

If people keep calling HQ, pretty soon they will dis-connect the phone number, and all anyone will get is the *bleep-dee-bleep* 'We're sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service.'

Regards,

Jim TX

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    If people keep calling HQ, pretty soon they will dis-connect the phone number, and all anyone will get is the *bleep-dee-bleep* 'We're sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service.'

If this happens, praise be Jehoobwer. Stonewalling tactics only makes them look worse.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah
    So do you know which department they finally sent your call to? Sounds like you were talking to someone in the Writing Department, definetly not Legal.

They asked me what state I was calling from and said they were transferring me to the service desk for that state.

• freetosee
    freetosee

That would be great. If we can move them to go that far or hide behind an AM, it will only show the limits of their theocratic war strategies.

Why disconnect? How about this:

• "Hello and thank you for calling the WTBTS, if you are calling for the purpose of donating your savings, please press #1.
    • If you are calling in order to request a personal bible study at your home, please press #2.
    • If you have questions about scandals and cover-ups please press #3 and wait to be connected with your JC…."

Whatever they do, they will want to keep any "reproach upon Jehovah’s name". The brothers at the reception desk will be briefed and trained to analyse and deal with the caller. And there might have a local needs item "Beware of telephone apostasy".

Well, I’m just making up stuff, but any reaction would be an achievement, because it lets them know they are being watched and exposed. fts

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Lo-ru-Hama said: They asked me what state I was calling from and said they were transferring me to the service desk for that state.

Do you suppose this was to determine whether you may be in a state that allows recording without informing?

• blondie
    blondie

So you were transferred to the service desk, not the legal department. They are 2 separate entities, and in my experience, they don't always agree with each other. I know of 2 elders who called together and listened to the service desk brother and the legal department brother argue back and forth on an issue........where was the holy spirit?

I'm sure they have prepared some kind of damage control by now.

I would have asked them if they had a transcript of the conversation and discuss the appropriate point.

I thought Lisa asked very direct questions about "spirit-directed." I'll have to re-read the transcript.

Blondie

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Blondie,

I imagine that you are correct that by now they have a formal reply. When the service desk finally took the call from me he apologized and told me that they were checking to make sure who should get the call and how he should reply.

He said that he did not have a copy of the transcript in front of him. So, he was unable to comment on exactly what JR Browns comments had been.

I did check the transcript and it shows that LDH asked if they were inspired. Frankly, it is just another one of their twists on words. Honestly, is there really a difference between directed and inspired. Just looked up the two words in a thesaurus and they have common synonyms.

Whatever that means.

Also, Cruzanheart, if you are reading this. The Whoopdidoo wasn't about my comment to you. It was about the conversation with bethel. Just wanted you to know that : )

Loruhamah

• blondie
    blondie
    They asked me what state I was calling from and said they were transferring me to the service desk for that state.

The service desk is divided up by geographical regions and a brother and his assistant assigned to each. They are the same people the elders are referred to when they call with a question. The brothers assigned get familiary with the elders and their type of questions, they can see trends regarding congregations in the same area, and they tend to be ex-travelling overseers who had assignments in that area.

Blondie

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

What would they say if someone called the legal department and wanted to know why a "self-admitted" child molestor hasn't been dealt with. I'm specifically talking about my stepdad. I'm sure they'd give me the run around. Hmmmm....

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit