About to call the Brooklyn number

by Lo-ru-hamah 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I am going to call the information desk at Brooklyn and ask about the JR Brown interview. Does any one have any suggestions?

I am a little freaked out but I want to do this.

Loruhamah

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh come on people! Can you just leave those spirit-directed people alone? Haven't they had enough poo thrown at them?

Personally, I don't think so. Phone away! Remember, God isn't behind them. They're just a bunch of silly, harmless lunatics who talk big :)

• sir82
    sir82

I guess it depends on what exactly you want to ask. Asking for the Service desk would be a good place to start.

It might be interesting to state that you are a Bible student [or a JW if you really are one], and you were reading in a recent Watchtower about the baptismal vows. One of the vows has to do with "Jehovah's spirit-directed organization."

"But then I heard an interview given by JR Brown, in which he stated that the organization is not spirit-directed. Can you help me understand the matter?"

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like your new avatar, Lohuramah! I thought I was the only one who saw the spaghetti western movies! For an Italian, he did a pretty decent Western accent.

I look forward to hearing about your phone call!

Nina

• mouthy
    mouthy

They already know your going to call. They check this board often...

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

well then they have a head start on working out their response. call them anyway, and lets see what they say.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Well, I did it. The guy wasn't rude and didn't cuss me out. I asked him about the JR Brown interview and he said that the difference was that of interpretation. He said the witnesses do not claim to be spirit inspired, however they do claim to be spirit directed.

I told him that the things that JR Brown said had apostate leanings, that both my parents and older brother had been disfellowshipped for asking about the UN affair and saying much less than what JR Brown had said in that interview. He really didn't have any comments that were bible based.

His proof for this being Jehovah's chosen organization was becuase they are the only organization accomplishing the preaching activity.

I spoke to him about the pedofile issues and he basically didn't have any comments. I also mentioned to him the false prophecies that the watchtower has propagated. Again, he really didn't have any comments.

So, that was that. Nothing very interresting. He told me I was welcome to call anytime I wanted.

Also, mentioned the baptismal vow and he said that it was completely accurate. "This is Jehovah's spirit directed chosen org.

I don't know what I was so nervous about.

And thank you cruzanheart. I love speghetti westerns and Terrence Hill. Such a beautiful man.

Whoopdidoo

Loruhamah

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I might mention that I was on hold for about 20 minutes while they figured out which department they should have answer my question.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Very good, it will give them more work to do. The more people call the better. Browns interview and the Cano case should be held right before their face. Many calls on that issue might be noted and be brought to the attention of the GB to handle. The chairman’s committee may move to give further clarification to Brown’s statements.

I’ll be calling the German branch on Monday just to mention the interview and Cano. The next call will be about UN and dates. I never thought of calling the branch, the more that’s done might force them to react in one way or the other. Thank you for calling the WTS, fts

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    They already know your going to call.

That's because they are SPIRIT DIRECTED! Poster, for the real action you need to call Brown's frat-boy office mates and ask your pointed questions there. http://www.jw-media.org/contact.htm Brown (btw) denied that Dubz are either directed or inspired. He also affirmed that people of other religions will be saved at Armeggedon. Read the transcript. I don't think Brown is a big-shot in the religion, meaning that I think he is only an elder but he is certainly a big-shot in the Corp. and that alone makes him more important than anyone else. Any Dub in the rank-and-file who claimed this would be instantly in front of a JC. Any baptismal candidate would be refused baptism for saying this. Brown with his many years in Dubdom will just blithely shrug it off. This by itself makes me absolutely certain that the vile things we have heard about child molestation cover-ups really do occur. It's right in front of us folks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit