Napa Valley, CA Child Abuse Court Case Victories

by AndersonsInfo 87 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie
    Should the congregation be dissolved, the property will revert to the parent non-profit organization/corporation the WTS, but not until then does the WTS have any legal/official control over the property.

Jourles, it seems that the quote from the BOE letter supports then what I said.

Upon the winding up and dissolution of this Corporation, after paying or adequately providing for debts and obligations of the Corporation, the remaining assets shall be distributed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

Believe me, if the WTS had had legal control over the ownership and sale of that KH surplus property, it would have been sold at that point. Evidently, they did not want to dissolve the congregation to gain control.

Blondie

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Back To The Top!

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

jourles,

thanks for the info. I remember hearing many times that "mother (aka WT) ultimately owns everything in the end" numerous times. Also, the WT usually hold the mortgages on the Halls, and provides insurance to the Halls as well. And charge the local congregations premiums -- to insure the buildings they ultimately own, regardless of whether there is a mortgage or not. I liked the wording the judge used: "payments that amount to insurance premiums, regardless of what the defendent calls them". ROTFLMAO.

Does that letter you quoted from reflect the new corporate structure inacted around that time (circa 2000)

Incidentally, for those that don't know: This wording was added after some congregation in TX en masse left the WT, and took the Kingdom Hall (which the congregation paid for) with them.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Also: I wonder if there is going to be another corporate re-structuring in the near future. This might be the "big announcement" everyone keeps hinting at...

-silent

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Jourles, thanks for posting that little gem, very enlightening.

Nice how the Watchtower can simply dictate to the congregations, "add this to your corporate charter"!

However, it still does not demonstrate that the Halls are owned by the Society. Just the opposite, since then this whole letter would be moot. And although it indicates that the assets would go to the Society, this would only be after the "the winding up and dissolution" of the corporation.

Incidentally, for those that don't know: This wording was added after some congregation in TX en masse left the WT, and took the Kingdom Hall (which the congregation paid for) with them.

I have heard about that incident, but even in a case like that, I don't think the wording here would help the Society. They could dissolve the congregation, but if the entire "corporation" decides to break away, and the Hall is paid for, well, too bad for the Tower.

No, their strategy to prevent this from happening again seems to be, keep the Kingdom Halls constantly mortgaged to the Society. Thats why perfectly good Halls are either sold and replaced with a new building, or subjected to expensive remodeling projects.

No Apologies

• AndersonsInfo
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit
    No, their strategy to prevent this from happening again seems to be, keep the Kingdom Halls constantly mortgaged to the Society. Thats why perfectly good Halls are either sold and replaced with a new building, or subjected to expensive remodeling projects.

No Apologies

My suspicious nature when it comes to the GB is: They have an "end game" and I'm not talking Armageddon. With the billions of $$$ of Real Estate under their control they could 'call the mortgage' or order the local corps to give it to them after the locals buy it.

I think I've read here, that the local corps will at some point have a meeting and voluntarily, generously vote to cede the land & KH to the WTS.

Is this still true ?

"The love of money is the root of all evil" they say. The WTS has that in spades...billions of $$$$ can turn just about any head.

Rabbit

• AndersonsInfo
  • Jourles
    Jourles

The thing is, even if the local "corporation" is made up of responsible elders and ms's, the WTS can direct that they dissolve themselves. How many company men are going to argue with "mother?" And if they refuse, hoo boy, they just lost their appointments. Not to mention they could be df'd for spurious reasons.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    “Although Watch Tower PA characterizes “donations” to the program as voluntary, and asserts that coverage is not guaranteed in return, the documentation provided shows that all California congregations are covered by the program, and all are issued invoices and directed to make payments on those invoices.”

LMAO… they are SO busted. Now if only someone could demonstrate the same thing regarding how the Watchtower Society handles literature “donations” that are paid at the direction of invoices. I’m certain the IRS would LOVE to learn about THAT.

If anyone is wondering, YES, the Watchtower Society will send a bill to a congregation if it's donations are not equal to or greater than the cost of the publications that are ordered. If the bill is not satisfied with a "donation" the congregation's supply of publications will be cut off.

If anyone out there has access to a copy of such a letter, please PM me and I will ensure it gets posted!

-----------------------------------------------

“This court finds that the [penitential] privilege does not apply to communications with the Judicial Committee. The evidence presented by both sides establishes that communications with the Judicial Committee do not fall within the scope of the privilege. First, it is clear that the Judicial Committee’s purpose is to investigate sins for which disfellowship is a potential penalty. This is established not only by the deposition excerpts provided by plaintiffs, but by the Watchtower publication provided by defendants in connection with the objections to plaintiffs’ evidence (“Judicial action is necessary only if a gross sin has been committed that could lead to Disfellowshipping” p.18) Second, the privilege does not apply because the Judicial Committee was under no duty to keep the communications private. In fact, the evidence establishes that the Judicial Committee was required to communicate information it obtained regarding potential cases of child molestation to the Watchtower Society Headquarters.”

Oh my goodness… this is HUGE!!!!!!!

I wonder if this could potentially be expanded to cover ALL Judicial Committee meetings since the elders are required to send the S-77 form to the Watchtower Society when a person is Disfellowshiped for any reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit