Is this site ever used for on-line dating?

by frozen one 70 Replies latest social relationships

• frozen one
    frozen one

I was reading another thread that asked, "Do you see yourself remarrying?" I noticed some of the replies mentioned that getting involved with another xjw would be interesting. I have thought that also. I have met some xjw's in person over the years and things really clicked right from the start because we shared a unique (to us anyway) background. Anyway, while I don't post here often, I do read threads when I get the chance and have been tempted to send messages to some of the posters to find out more about them. I haven't as I don't know if this is the right forum or not. What experiences have some of you had (sounds like a convention piece)? If this site is like any other site on the net, I would guess that the women here get a lot of messages. Are they welcome? Just for fun - 43 year old poster, xjw for 10 plus years, educated, employed, well traveled, into motorcycle rallies and marina life among other things...

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

does fishing count as marina life??

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've seen a few 'dating' threads in the past 6 months or so. And I know of a few posters who have dated and one well-known married couple that 'met' on JWD.

I would imagine that if you continually posted pm's to the women that you'd get some responses. You'd also get a reputation

-Aude (45 y/o former pioneer, inactive for 14 years, optimistic, fun, communicative, nicely employed, homeowner, currently healing from motorcycle accident )

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Frozen One, welcome to JWD.

I've met a couple of guys from the board. We've really clicked because of our shared past. I've liked some better than others and vice versa. The problem is that our members are spread out all over the world. It makes it rather hard to get together very often. Some members have hooked up and are now married. Watching the romances bloom is fun. I hope that we have another romance soon. That way I can live vicariously through them.

Robyn

• blondie
    blondie

Some people have met on JWD, dated and married........but it is not a dating service. Proceed at your own peril

• free2beme
    free2beme

If people hook up from here, more power to them, just give us all the fun details.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

This could end up being some very happy endings. Ahhhh, I just love happy endings.

This is a great place to meet people that will help round out your personality . I have several people both male and female that I pm with frequently . They all have their own lives and partners but I would be bereft if I suddenly did not have them to speak with.

For those that start having feelings well where there is a will there is a way. No matter where you live you will be able to spend time together.

chris

• anewme
    anewme

Frozen One, while this isnt an exJW dating site, there is a need for love.

You are welcome to pm anybody here and introduce yourself and your intentions.

I've heard the apostafests are fun.

I wonder how many if any have met here, dated and then married?

I am already taken. When I left the org I got snatched up right away. (sigh)

Didnt get to date much.

Keep writing and sharing and tell the girls more about yourself.

Adding a flattering picture of yourself helps alot.

There is somebody for everyone!

Anewme

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I live with an ex jw who occasionally posts on here, but we have known each other for some years. He left long before me, and when I left I didn't have a pc and joined the board from his, so we spent a lot of time in each other's company, because I really needed to be on here when I first da'd, and we soon discovered that we both wanted to be a bit more than friends. So in a way, the board did help get us together.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi frozen one,

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can update your profile with your info. It also helps to post sometimes so that people don't forget about you. If you pm someone who's not interested, she'll let you know or she'll ignore you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit