Is this site ever used for on-line dating?

by frozen one 70 Replies latest social relationships

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

MS WHIP!! you have a pm with my name number and email address!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The WTS was right after all...the internet is a dangerous place....next minute your chatting to like minded people and the next thing you know.... BANG your married!

Never catch me going on that there interweb thingy!

DB74

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

LOL! Well okay then!

• frozen one
    frozen one

Hi Withholding Peace - I used to dread the topic of religion when dating. However I've found that most women I've been with don't know enough about witnesses to really have an opinion ( says something about how effective the JW work really is). Once in a while I'll be asked about door knocking or blood, but other than that my religious past hasn't been an issue. I have to admit that it would be nice to talk face to face with someone who has been there, done that. But that is the primary purpose of boards like this. A big welcome to you!

Ms Whip - Is that drawing to scale?

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

The talk here of guys PM gals....and the worry about being viewed as a horndog, what do you think of gals who would PM you. What terms are applied then.

I remember being told by the elders its ok for the brothers to go visit other KH and check out the sisters......but when the sisters wanted to go visit it was viewed as 'hunting'.

A post was made about ones who come here looking for a mate and their post would be removed, I ask, if there are forums for getting to know others why would that be a removable offense.

Belief in God or not, we all have the desire for love, ect..........and most want 'someone' in some capacity to be a part of our life. Its no secret I prefer a relationship verses none and after spending my whole life as a JW dating is hard with those who have no idea what that is like.

Bunnyfoofoo

• Brigid
    Brigid

Well, I don't see why not. Even though, that is not it's primary purpose, connections can definitely be made. There's boys, there's girls, so you can bet some of those connections will be romantic.

I have really bonded tightly with several posters here via pm's. Most of them are women, so it's friendship. But this board is what you need it to be, I suppose. And those connections made here are all the stronger because of our shared, very unique pasts. I have really opened up since being here. I used to never ever ever tell anyone in my "real" life that I had been a witness. Now, I'm getting to the point, where I can without choking on the words too much. baby steps.

I will confess, I never wondered until this board what it would be like to be with an x jw. I always just wanted to be as far away from my past as possible. Now, I'm not so sure. getting major 2nd thoughts.

So, happy hunting...if nothing else, you'll make unbelievable friendships.

~Brigid

• arwen
    arwen

Brigid: I have a good history of matchmaking. I introduced my husband's two sisters to their husbands and they are all still married years later. I would love to introduce my 37 year old son to you. He and his wife split up four years ago and he thinks he will just remain single after being burnt. His birthday is May 17th as I know you are interested in stuff like that. Sometimes I can see two people here on the boards that I think would make a good pair. We are a unique bunch here and we understand each other like no other group. We have all been there, done that, got the tee shirt, lost it............looking for a new one!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Ms Whip - Is that drawing to scale? -frozen one

I'll let you be the judge. (Insert gratuitous boobie shot here)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I keep trying to use it for that purpose but all I get are restaining & cease and desist orders.

Thats because you havent tried flirting with me yet, Ip-Sec.

Sheesh, what are you waiting for, a written invitiation??

• Sirona
    Sirona

Online dating....? Never! The net is never a place to get to know someone better!

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit