Is this site ever used for on-line dating?

by frozen one 70 Replies latest social relationships

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There have been people who come here for the sole purpose to find a partner. Generally those posts are moved off the board.

But there are many people who are here for support and information and while getting to know people on the board things can lead to friendship and more. Good for them.

But I think a few cautions need to be stated.

• Do not give out personal info (full name, address and phone numbers or city) to people who you are unsure about.
    • Do not continue to PM someone once they have asked you to stop or told you they are not interested.
    • If you get repeated PMs from someone whom you have asked to stop then please contact the forum owner. [email protected]
  • Witholding Peace
    Witholding Peace

After my divorce, I dated another ex-JW and we really hit it off, but the "world" has a strange effect on some ex-JWs, and some really go off the deep end. That is what ended our relationship. That being said, I would really like to meet another ex-JW sometime.

I can honestly say that in all the dating I've done, I find the subject of being an ex-JW seems to be a tricky one. At least with regard to bringing the topic up. Some women I've dated do understand, but we all know that it's really not that simple. Sympathy is nice, but true understanding - man, that would be the very best. In discussing the whole topic with another good ex-JW friend of mine, it seems that it is just about impossible for anyone to really understand how we feel and what we've gone through without having been a bonfide Jehovah's Witness and then leaving it all completely behind. All the changes, both psychologically and socially, and the pain of losing your whole circle of family, friends, and striking out into a whole new life - usually very much alone.

I think that a an ex-JW life partner would be so ideal. There could be a level of closeness and sharing unparelleled in finding one. What was once an important way of life, with all its great influence, would be a great part of a foundation of commiseration and trust.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terrible things those restaining orders, huh, IP_SEC?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thanks for the correction wasasister!!! What I meant was distaining orders.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Glad this topic came up. I've been tempted several times to PM some cuties who seem very interesting, but I chicken out while typing the message.

I feel like I might come across like some kind of horn-dog, - Especially since a lot of the women here have gone through a lot, and shared their experiences - Then here I come trying to pick them up, - Just seems wrong,

Crank,

• Jourles
    Jourles

If something were to ever happen to my jw spouse, I'm pretty sure I would end up with an exjw. I just can't imagine being with someone else who wouldn't understand my exjw activities. Otherwise, being single again would be nice too. I could go off riding across the USA on a whim if I wanted to.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I feel like I might come across like some kind of horn-dog

Whats summater with that? We are all humans (aminals) with needs and wants? <<<horn-dog

• Swan
    Swan

I know several people who have met here and gotten married. They could be a good matches since we are all a bit looney.

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Witholding Peace!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    I feel like I might come across like some kind of horn-dog

crankytoe,

the fact is most x-jw women are teases and most x-jw men are horn dogs. It just comes with the territory. we women want to show our boobies and you men want to see them.

tease Pronunciation (tz) 3. To arouse hope, desire, or curiosity in without affording satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit