Early menopause

by MsMcDucket 73 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    POF? really? They don't normally diagnose over the age of 40. POF is different from menopause in that typically the associated symptoms (hotflashes etc) are not all present or are diminished in severity. POF and early menopause are not the same thing.

Dams, don't you think that it's weird that my FSH is 47.5, which is the postmenopausal range. I'm only 46 years old and postmenopausal? It's not like I expected to have any more children, but I didn't expect to be postmenopausal at this age, going through menopause, but not post???

So, I just think that I've had some sort of ovarian failure due to my endocrine disorders. The doctor didn't call it "premature". She just called it ovarian failure.

I did have a FSH and LH test about a year ago. I can't remember my lab counts on it. I'll have to see if I can find the report.

• damselfly
    damselfly

The "normal" post-menopausal FSH ranges from 23-116 so I guess you're in the middle of that. Were you're estrogens low as well?

It does make more sense considering your endrocrine issues that it would a form of ovarian failure.

Dams

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The "normal" post-menopausal FSH ranges from 23-116 so I guess you're in the middle of that. Were you're estrogens low as well?

She didn't test my estrogen level? I thought that the FSH and LH tests are used as indicators to show when the estrogen level is low???

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Does Prempro make you pSyChoTic? I feel weird!

Look at the colors! Wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit