Early menopause

by MsMcDucket 73 Replies latest watchtower medical

• anewme
    anewme

Ms. Mc D, I just re-read your post and feel your extreme fatigue may need to be checked out by a cadiologist as well. Given that your dad died so young and you are already a diabetic, you may be suffering some cardiovascular problems. Have you checked your blood pressure lately?

Taking curative measures step by step will help you to feel better and get a grip on your health.

Best wishes,

Anewme

• damselfly
    damselfly

46 isn't that early I don't think. The are others who go thru it more early.

Make sure to take care of your bones! Talk to your md about a good calicum/magnesium combo and a good recommended weightbearing exercise program to keep them healthy and strong.

Dams

• manicmama
    manicmama

With some of your other symptons I would probably check some of the natural remedies. I had my uterus removed at age 31 and 10 years later had the symptoms of menopause set in. Doc put me on Premarin and everything seemed to be going well, at my annual checkup my blood pressure was 160 over 114, I have always been 120/80. He wanted to put me on blood pressure medicine, no question as to why this had happened. I came home and started thinking what I had been doing different in that time period and the Premarin was the only thing, so I stopped. That was 2 months ago and I'm back to 120/80. Just check all your options and be informed. Good Luck!

Manicmama

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    You may need some thyroid, too.

Wednesday, all of this stuff starting happening after the doctor removed a goiter. I ended up having paralyzed vocal cords and a tracheostomy for awhile. My endocrinologist put me on Synthroid after the surgery. My periods started to go away then around the end of 2003. I have had about 3 cycles since that time--none in the last year.

My doctor is, probably, going to put me on Prempro since I haven't had a hysterectomy.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Well, first, if you are really 48 then you aren't in "early" menopause. That sounds more like you are right on time

Hey! I'm not 48. I'm 46. Oh and for me to be in menopause, not perimenopause, means that I've been going through this for sometime. I don't know when it started. I figured it was early menopause for me because my other sisters still have monthly cycles and they are in their 50's.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Some people don't process/convert synthroid very well. Ask your doc for a trial to add cytomel (t3) or maybe swtich you to Thyloar (combo of T3T4).

More than likely the surgery and all that has thrown you into menopause. the thyroid really does control a lot of things.

I found a book at amazon.com called "is the thyroid making you fat". by sanford siegal md.

I have seen this scenario before the thyroid goes out, the periods stop. . More tests from the endo may be in order.

• wednesday
    wednesday

you need a really good doc, one who will include holistic things with usual medical stuff.

I hope we did not make you feel old. I think you may be right, and i think it is the thyroid.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Of course blood sugar and diabetes needs to be addressed.

I am an endocrinologist's dream or nightmare. I have parathyroid problems, I've had a goiter removed, I have diabetes, my body makes kidney stones...I know that I'm missing something.

I've managed to get my diabetes under control by diet.

• juni
    juni

Hi MsMcDucket.

It wouldn't hurt to have another doc take a look at your test results. You're dealing w/quite a few hormonal issues.

Don't be quick to go on HRT. It usually helps quite good w/hot flashes. But other symptoms not to good. But like anewme said, try to go w/the flow of things as it is a natural process, excercise will help.

I'm thinking of you as I've been through it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train!!

Hugs,

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Everyone, how did this affect your ability to work? My symptoms are debiliatating. I'm miserable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit