Early menopause

by MsMcDucket 73 Replies latest watchtower medical

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

just poking my nose in

i remember reading an article in an awake when i was about 7 or 8 all about the menopause

i had no idea what it was talking about but i remember thinking im so going to look after my wife when she has to go through that..

thought you would like to know...

tijkmo of the wifeless and unlikely to fulfill his childhood promise class

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robdar:

I am also glad that the men have kept their noses out of this conversation.

Speak of the devil......

Tijkmo:

just poking my nose in

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

tijkmo, why didn't you marry? Are you shy? You sound like the protective type. Women love men like that!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

This article is for the men who are dealing with their S.O.'s menopause.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/1/1700_50410.htm

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Early menopause runs in my family. My daughter is 38 and is in menopause.

I had my last menses when I was 46. I knew I'd been going through the "change" for some years before that. The doctors who were treating me said my hormones weren't that much out of kilter, so didn't prescribe hormone replacement/therapy. There were surely some ups and downs mood-wise, but I came through it fine.

I think we were given menopause to deal with the difficult teen years of our children.

Frannie

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi!! I think I'm in menopause too........I haven't had much of anything for at least a year except very very infrequent spotting............I'm 49 in August. I have all the classic symptoms, hot flashes, weight gain, and I just noticed that my hair is thinning.........when I brought the subject up to my gyno about 3 years ago, she said I was too young, but, didn't offer to test me........I hear they can. So, my next move is to have her test me to know for sure. I, too, have spent the last three years extremely fatigued..........but, put that down to the antidepressant and antianxiety drug I am taking..............I know, I've not been very responsible with follow through, but, guess I need to......I'm freaking out about the thinning hair big time.........I'll keep ya posted........you're not alone. Thanks for posting the subject!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Sunnygal, a friend of mine restored the thickness of her hair by taking Brewer's Yeast daily. It makes your hair grow in thicker (more plentiful). Just be prepared to shave more.

Also, soy products cut way back on the hot flashes and such.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I'm freaking out about the thinning hair big time.........I'll keep ya posted........you're not alone. Thanks for posting the subject!!!

No problem, Sunnygal. We're here for support. Aren't we? Sometimes, you just got to let it all out! (((hugs))) Yes, you should follow up with the doctor.

• serendipity
    serendipity
    i remember reading an article in an awake when i was about 7 or 8 all about the menopause

i had no idea what it was talking about but i remember thinking im so going to look after my wife when she has to go through that..

That's very sweet tijkmo.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Thanks, Frannie!!! Hugs back to you, MsMcD...........I talked with my mom about it when I first started missing periods.........and of course the OB........it all started right after I lost the baby at 6 weeks..........only time I was pregnant.........at 42...........then, they did the D&C..........I haven't been to a gyno in at least three years and breast mammo either..........I know, I've gotta get back to taking care of myself better..........but, I HAVE felt exhausted big time. I tried the natural Estroven stuff, made it worse..........tried the cream on the thighs........lol.......that didn't help either........my body didn't like any of that stuff........I felt worse............I was chatting with Flyin High last night about this very subject and she recommended Suzanne Somers' book and to have specially made hormones, for my own body..........from what I've read, that seems the way to go...........exercise...........ugggghhhh..........I used to be soooo full of energy.......now, I've gained so much weight, and I sweat all the time..........so.........I'll be calling the Dr. on Monday for sure for an appt..........and getting some Brewer's Yeast!! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit