Latest News In JW Sex Scandal

by Kenneson 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Cano indicted for sex crimes

Mid-Hudson News, NY - 28 minutes ago

... Phillips said Middletown Police were “right on top of the case” and authorities received good cooperation from the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses. ...

Cano indicted for sex crimes
    Jesus Cano, the hamlet of Wallkill man who was arrested in the City of Middletown last weekend for allegedly soliciting teenage boys for sex, has been indicted by an Orange County grand jury. But, because the indictment has not been filed in Orange County Court – and that is expected to occur next week – District Attorney Frank Phillips could not detail its contents. The 50-year-old Cano was picked up when he re-entered Middletown after having been called on his cell phone by a city police officer who impersonated a teen. Cano allegedly gave two boys packets with his cell number, condoms and semi-nude photographs of himself. Phillips said Middletown Police were “right on top of the case” and authorities received good cooperation from the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Cano was a clergyman with the religious group in Ulster County. --------- Danny Haszard say's, ya right cause they couldn't exploit their "two witness" rule shield the perp subterfuge with the cops! Hey,couldn't you tell the cops to "just wait on jehovah" like you do the child rape victims?
  • wednesday
    wednesday

Sometimes criminals do use the church as a hiding place. I recall BTK the famous serial killer that was just caught. I believe he was a church decon or something and had acess to the church PC .

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I emailed the reporter and told him that this was a bigger problem, and gave links to the silentlambs website.

If I knew how to contact the appropriate law enforcement agency, and encourage them to look really, really deep into what the org knew about this guy and when they knew it, I'd do it!

• freetosee
    freetosee
    authorities received good cooperation from the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses

I was thinking, how are they gonna work this one out. So I guess they will use this as an example that JW molesters will be removed and d’f when found out. Well only the known molesters!

• james_woods
    james_woods

If the community of Jehovah's Witnesses really wanted to provide "good cooperation" - maybe they should open their files which are rumored to hold the names of 20,000 individuals who are considered to have committed child molestation.

After all, they are not Catholic Priests keeping someones confession safe, are they?

Then the Walkill Police Department could really say "Thank you for your cooperation".

• minimus
    minimus

The fact that they gave "good cooperation" will be heralded as PROOF that the Organization HATES child molesters too. I don't see this as truly hurting the Organization at all.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Minimus..part of me is in agreement with you but the other part of me is hopeful that this might expose more and thereby force some major changes to be made in the Society. The best way to hurt them externally is to keep this in the news - bad PR is the best and it will move people away from contact with them instead of toward it. swife

• minimus
    minimus

The Society spinmeisters will broadcast that they aided the authorities regarding the perv. Believe me, they'll come out smelling like a rose!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Joe Grundy,

Wallkill, Patterson, and Brooklyn have an INTRAnet they use to network among themselves. This network is not part of the outside INTERnet, although if you have an administrative-type job you could have access to a computer with both. You can also request a username and password to use the computers in the libraries but these computers don't have any intranet access - just for word-processing, printing, etc. They do have internet access, but as someone mentioned before, they have blocked sites and are monitored.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I hate to say that Minimus is probably correct. The WT is in full damage control mode and is going to make themselves look like the guardians of the universe with just one spoiled rotten apple who was instantly discovered and cast away. Nothing against Minimus, you understand - I just wish that this would have the effect of exposing the hypocrisy on this subject. But I doubt it, too.

In reality, they have done a coverup of these cases for years. If anyone ever doubted "Theocratic Strategy", then look at the disjoint on their public statements over this case compared with their private actions for years.

But, just think what could have happened if if was Greenlees or Chitty who got caught...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit