Latest News In JW Sex Scandal

by Kenneson 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My JW son just left for Convention in NY, going through O'Hare . I told him of this breaking news story and warned him not to wear his convention badge at any of the airports because he won't want to draw attention to himself right now ! He said he looked up the news story online and doesn't think Cano is a current member ( I held my tongue). Someone else has already posted on another topic here that this Cano works in auto maintenance on the farm .If this is true One of my sons friends is also in that dept.It will be interesting to see what is said during his convention .

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hey, there's no need to worry.

The July 15 Watchtower says that "Jehovah is in complete control of all aspects of the earthly organisation and Jesus is aware of developments"

Wait on Jehovah!

• M.J.
    M.J.

WTS PR guy Brown responds: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-tapes28.html

Cano was living in Wallkill, N.Y. -- about 20 miles from Middleton -- and working at the Jehovah's Witnesses printing plant there, said J.W. Brown, a national spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses. But Cano was severed from the organization on Monday, Brown said.

"As of today he has been removed from his eldership and has been removed as a member of this family,'' Brown said Monday.

Cano has been in the Wallkill area 16 years, Brown said. He was a minister with the church, but also an "elder,'' a status that is attained after many years of study. He was serving a congregation in Newburg, N.Y.

The allegations against Cano shocked those who knew him, Brown said.

"We are as shocked and amazed as we can possibly be,'' he said. "All our reports show he was good, he was serving faithfully. We did not have anything to indicate there was any moral flaw.''

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

You know, this happens in other churches BUT, and a HUGE BUT

The WT tells their membership they live in a "spiritually clean organization" where nothing like this could ever happen.

Now, it's been happening in their own backyard, possibly for decade/s.

Get this message out!

It's quite possible that they didn't suspect anything about him, BUT, isn't the holy spirit supposed to be greived when this kind of thing happens? Isn't Jehovah in complete control?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He said he looked up the news story online and doesn't think Cano is a current member ( I held my tongue).

Just show him this:

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_177175258.html

"When police arrested Cano, he had a church identification card with him. It shows he's a Jehovah's Witness minister from northern New York. The church confirms his position as a minister, but had no further comment."

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The July 15 Watchtower says that "Jehovah is in complete control of all aspects of the earthly organisation and Jesus is aware of developments"

Could anyone post a scan or more of the text? That is perfect--if my memory is correct, I don't think they've said that before. It's a very brazen thing to publish at any time, but awesome that it's coming out right when someone living IN the Bethel facility was carrying on with this evil behavior right under their noses.

The text of that article could go a long way to show how the WTS lies!!

• blondie
    blondie

Or show him this:

WTS PR guy Brown responds: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-tapes28.html

Cano was living in Wallkill, N.Y. -- about 20 miles from Middleton -- and working at the Jehovah's Witnesses printing plant there, said J.W. Brown, a national spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses. But Cano was severed from the organization on Monday, Brown said.

"As of today he has been removed from his eldership and has been removed as a member of this family,'' Brown said Monday.

Cano has been in the Wallkill area 16 years, Brown said. He was a minister with the church, but also an "elder,'' a status that is attained after many years of study. He was serving a congregation in Newburg, N.Y.

The allegations against Cano shocked those who knew him, Brown said.

"We are as shocked and amazed as we can possibly be,'' he said. "All our reports show he was good, he was serving faithfully. We did not have anything to indicate there was any moral flaw.''

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Rebel8

Ask, and ye shall receive...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114680/1.ashx

** July 15 WT: Do NOT murmur against the "faithful and discreet slave" **

18 Instead of murmuring about things in the congregation, we do well to maintain a positive attitude and follow a routine that keeps us busy, joyful, reverent balanced and healthy in faith. Jehovah is in control of everything within his organization, and Jesus is aware of developments in each congregation, just as he was in the first century. Patiently wait on God and Christ, the Head of the congregation. Responsible shepherds may be used to correct matters that need to be adjusted.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

If it comes out that he has had this problem before and Bethel knew of it they are going to be caught red handed in the media telling lies. I also get the feeling that what really upsets them is the police showing up at the Farm to look for evidence. To bad most congo's don't act as quickly to get rid of these scumbags.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have their own fair share of pedophiles, it's not just the catholic church priests there are many weeds also in the JW field. The WTS will no doubt be displeased that the parents of the child called the police, that will damage their image with the public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit