Latest News In JW Sex Scandal

by Kenneson 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully
    I don't remember where I saw it, but I also read of such a scandal running rampant within the Amish communities...and of course, the splinter groups of Mormonism.

I think Dateline did stories on these cases. Dr Phil also had several shows dealing with fundamentalist LDS church and the Amish/Mennonite community.

• under_believer
    under_believer

james, for me the issue is not whether the Witnesses have a statistically incongruous number of pedophiles. While this is possible, I really doubt it. The issue is that the Society requires that Witnesses abrogate the normal judicial process of their locality and replace it with the Witness judicial system, which is completely ill-equipped to deal with abuse and pedophilia--in fact, it could not have been designed to be worse.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And of course you are correct, under_believer. Thes issue is obviously NOT that some JW did this (no matter how many). The issue IS that the organization has followed a policy of secrecy and coverups.

Like the Nixon Watergate - the crime was bad (and a few bad people might have gone to jail) , but it was the coverup that got the president.

But I kind of suspect that the cult atmosphere either encourages this crime or attracts such predators to itself.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wouldn't it be nice if the police were able to impound ALL of the computers at headquarters? My, what interesting tales they would tell, I'm sure.

Nina

• under_believer
    under_believer

And james, who knows--it's possible that the JWs really DO have more pedophiles, not because the system causes pedophilia but because JW pedophiles are sheltered and protected by the legal system.
    The Silent Lambs people are of the opinion that since the JW judicial system can't guarantee that known pedophiles will be at the very least publically identified as such, ALL JWs are automatically less trustworthy than others.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Cruzanheart

The point of my questions has been to establish whether this guy would have had access to a central network. If he had, I believe that it would be possible to obtain a warrant to examine the network system.

I am making some calls on this in the morning (now 11 pm here) and will report back.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Just read the latest on LDH's excellent work. This point has obviously been considered.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Joe Grundy, my parents have told me that their Kingdom Hall does have a congregation PC! I'm told that some do, some don't.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Ours does. It's sole function is to provide access to the Watchtower Library CD-ROM.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***THIS IS GREAT! A perfect opportunity for the justice system to start investigating the JW child abuse guidelines***

To posters who have made remarks like the one above: Please, let's not allow our eagerness to see the WTS's hypocrisy exposed run ahead of the fact that there have been truly nasty crimes committed. Let's spare some thought to the victims, many of whom are children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit