How Jehovah's Witnesses are told to treat disfellowshipped Relatives.

by jwfacts 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moanzy
    moanzy

I was shunned at my gramas funeral. My uncle and an aunt were absolutely rude to my husband and I when we showed up at the farm. My aunt couldn't believe that I even came because "they"were all grieving. I think I was about 23yrs old.

I have been DAd for three years this July and I have heared from my mom 3 times. They came to see the kids twice and phoned once. The second time they came to our house they had another sister with them and she wouldn't come in so they stayed for about half and hour or so.(they told us she was tired----trying not to stumble my husband)

Mom called me a couple of months ago to tell me she was in an accident. She broke a couple vertabrae in a slip and fall. Apparently my brother and wife were in an accident almost a year before. What is so weird is she called about her stupid accident, but it wasn't necessary to call me at the time of my brothers accident.

I wasn't invited to my other brothers wedding either. Not even a "wish you could come, but....." They just didn't even inform me of when or where the wedding was.

Moanzy

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hey,
    Islam is much qucker and more merciful when you leave them! They just kill you on the spot.
    Rex

• Gregor
    Gregor

Fleur - Your experience with family shunning is a carbon copy of my family. The meaner and uglier they could act the more pious they felt. I know they went way past anything the WTS required, for example, refusing to tell my mother as to the time and place of her mothers memorial service. My mother found out on her own and asked her brother if she could ride with him to the funeral city some 350 miles away. He would be going right through her town on his way. "NO. He said. You're not welcome there!" By the way, her big sin was that she refused to quit associating with me after I was DF'd for 'apostasy'.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Islam is much qucker and more merciful when you leave them! They just kill you on the spot.***
    JWs kill their dissidents "spiritually" and look forward eagerly to when Jehovah will kill them physically. Even if what you say about Islam is true (doubtful), their lack of mercy is only slightly greater than the JWs.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah; my sister posted CD printouts of those articles when I was being disfellowshipped, just before she pulled the pin on me. I've decided to quit mixing in their company. Well it's not difficult because they live a five-hour flight away, but I've decided to go all the way with their game; if they don't want to hear from me, they'll hear nothing. Okay I'll probably cave any day now, and will keep emailing them like a crazy person so they can't pretend I'm dead.

• Balsam
    Balsam

sass_my_frass,

I have done the same thing. Granted I don't have a big family in the JW's but I just don't bother with them anymore. They are dead to me and I don't expect to ever hear from them again unless they leave the JW. I've clearly let them know that I will not return, and I will make no more effort to contact them in anyway not even in the event of death of me or my sons who are disfellowshipped. I'm done with them.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit