Name the good things that Jw's have or believe....

by AK - Jeff 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We always seem to get focused on the bad - and there is plenty of it for sure - and anyone who follows my posts knows I am no WT apologist by any stretch.

But focusing on the postive is a good thing in the 'moving on' process I think too.

What do you think Jw's had right?

What good has occured in your life as a result of your time as a witness?

What traits do you consider positive in your personality that are attributable to the Watchtower training/indoctrination ?

Do not misconstrue as pro-witness - just looking for the 'silver lining' in a positive way.

Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Against wars.

• Quandry
    Quandry

earth will be a paradise-I still hope it will, whether I'm here or not-it is beautiful and doesn't deserve to be polluted to death.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

AK-Jeff, that's a hard question, considering all the things that I have lost because of the Watchtower. Being part of the organization may have prevented me from leaving my husband, deciding to have more children, and made me more introverted (less likely to join the in-crowd).

Is that good?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Not passing the plate at the Kingdom Hall...

• supersonic
    supersonic

Getting thousands of people from all races and all sorts of different backgrounds under 1 roof.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Learning how to present yourself professionally is an important life skill to have.

• dvw
    dvw

i think the things they have "right" are the same things everyone else has gotten right. (fidelity to one's spouse etc). too bad though, the rank and file are just reprogramed automatons. can a robot with a preprogramed response to love or friendship really requite love or friendship? in contrast, the rest of the world can exercise freewill in how they choose friends and express love.

• Synergy
    Synergy

not afraid to talk to strangers...know all the books of the Bible and have several scriptures memorized, they believe the entire Bible is inspired and in creation, etc. as was said earlier, they have a lot right that a lot of others do. it's what they have wrong that is the big problem. I do try to focus on what I've learned that does help me and the points of my life that were good in spite of. Good thread, I know what you were trying to do.

Renee ( of the not totally bitter & hateful class)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Hmmmm, thinking...............still thinking...........still thinking........still....thinking......

can't think of a thing. Sorry.

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit