New to this!

by supersonic 32 Replies latest jw friends

• supersonic
    supersonic

Well ive just registered with the site and not sure what to make of it. I feel i shouldn't be here...

Anyway i'm just a normal 17 year old lad from the UK who is a bit confused at the minute. I want nothing more than to go out and enjoy myself with my mates in the world but it proves difficult. I want the best of both worlds i guess. I don't really have any mates in the truth as all the people in my congregation are mostly to old or idiots. I have a family that i am close to though, nearly everyone of them is in the truth so i couldn't just stop going without good reason.

Also how many on this site are either apostates, fellow worshipers or just ones who have stopped going?

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Hello and a BIG WELCOME!!
    Glad that you have decided to say Hi. Please stick around for awhile. Sit back and read some of our stories and you'll learn a lot about who we are and what we believe.

There is a variety of people with differnt view points and backgrounds regarding the religion. Even though many disagree about certian things, we respect each other....that's the great part and something much different than what you'll find at the kingdom hall.

Don't feel guilty for being here....you'll meet many TRUE friends in no time!

EDITED TO ADD: May I ask what you are confused about? There are so many insightful members on this board that I know would love to help.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Hi Supersonic

I think the org would class everyone on here as an apostate. As you should know by now the org doesn't like you to look at or take part on any other site apart from www.watchtower.org. In fact if word got out you were on here you'd have your arse hauled into the library before you knew it.

I grew up in the truth but fell away when I was 15 only to go back at 17. Looking back on my time I'd have rather been out there in the world with REAL mates at that age than the 'tards down the hall who used to grass me up to the elders all the time.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hello and a Warm Welcome Supersonic. There are all kinds of people on this site. I've never been a JW although my closest friends have become JWs in recent years, hence my interest.

I've been in a KH once - the 2005 Memorial, and studied with my local PO for several weeks, until he realised how much I knew about "the truth".

• supersonic
    supersonic

Confused about how to go about things thats all. I believe what i hear the only problem is i would rather not hear it and be out and have a laugh with mates etc.

I had a bible reading last night but didn't do it as i kind of feel like an hypocrite for doing things i shouldn't be. Not many people talk to me at meetings as i can't really be bothered with some of the people there as i find them boring.

• Es
    Es

Welcome to the board.

I hope you stick around this site might prove to be very useful

I understand how you want the both worlds, i too sometimes miss the whole community feeling and my folks but believe me this world is sooooo much better

All the best

es

• supersonic
    supersonic

So you have left fully now Jekyll?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi supersonic

You sound like a normal, well adjusted young man. Find your own way and be true to yourself. It won't be easy but you young leavers have a lot more support these days - we're here for you.

Nic'

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi supersonic, and welcome to the board. I have known many young people who have been in the same boat as you. They stay with the jws because of family, but want a good time as well. Trouble is, the elders tend to hear about what they are doing and take action. Are you a baptised jw? If so, the elders can discipline you for what they consider bad conduct, wich could be almost anything these days, it seems. If you aren't baptised, their power over you is somewhat more limited.

Please stay with us, you will make unconditional friends here, and no one will judge you whatever you are doing. Many on here, myself included, are former jws or people who simply don't attend meetings. (I disassociated last year), but we are a friendly, welcoming lot and life on the forum is rarely boring.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Linda

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Yeah I had the same problem as you supersonic, not many people talked to me down the hall, my mates in the truth married, fell away or got disfellowshipped and I found myself in a congregation full of old people who couldn't be bothered even saying hello. I moved congregation hoping to meet brothers and sisters around my own age but it never worked out. I was so lonely because I couldn't have worldly mates so I fell away. This site is good if you want to learn the truth behind the truth, stuff they won't tell you about down the hall. If you're happy not knowing the truth and if you'd rather not know right now then you had better leave. If you want to find out just how "normal" apostates really are then this sites a good place to start. You'll find that we're just normal people, we're not bible bashing nutters that foam at the mouth, we're not demonic or evil, we're just normal. If you want to hang out on line with people more your own age that have been through what you're going through you should try thomschat as well. That sites not as heavy as this one and is more about having a laugh than tearing down the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit