New to this!

by supersonic 32 Replies latest jw friends

• supersonic
    supersonic

I'm an individual and can decide whats wrong and right for myself thanks. If a mate of mine suddenly said he was gay i may not shun him but i would certainly have less association with him.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome supersonic & serotonin_wraith.

• kls
    kls

All of us were were new to this at one time or another but it gets so easy expecially with great folks here . I walked away from the wt and never looked back.

Welcome SS

• parakeet
    parakeet

Hi, supersonic,
    The people here are a cross-section of the real world. You'll find people who are kind, angry, bawdy, panicked, insensitive, funny, frightened, thoughtful, smart. We squabble, make up, tease, support and comfort one another. If you stay around long enough to read a fair sampling of posts, you'll find a lot to think about, and I hope to hear your thoughts about them.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Supersonic,

WELCOME!! The pressure was hard when I was young to fit in, I always had a hard time saying no to my friends. It usually got me in a lot of trouble, or would have more if I had been found out. I can only imagine what it must be like to be 17 again, and the pressure to fit in, I am sure its hard! Well, I lurked here for about a year until I finally decided to post. It is like therapy for me. To know there are others out there who can relate to what I have been through and are currently going through, really helps. My husband was a ministerial servant and we were very active in the congregation. We were both raised in the organization. But after trying to find truth to support some critical teachings and couldn't, it made us step back and ask, "What is going on here?" Now we have been inactive for over a year. We have waited for almost 6 months for the elders to come back and answer the very questions that brought us to a screeching hault. Still no answers. We are still waiting for their return. We didn't fade. We ended up pretty much stopping cold turkey. Anyway, that is our story in a nut shell. I hope you don't feel guilty about being here. There are many that understand your situation, and may be able to help you. If anything just to be a friend. Remember the apostate in the Bible was someone who denied Jehovah and Jesus. But the Society has added their name right beside Jesus. We are not apostates according to the scriptures. But apostates according to the Societys definition ONLY.

We look forward to hearing more from you!! And again, welcome!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Supersonic and nice to hear from you.

What is an apostate? The New Testament says it is someone not believing in Christ, so most here are not apostates.

Why are you a JW? It is because you were raised as one. So before you commit yourself to the Watchtower Society it would be wise to do intensive research from all sides of the story. That is what the Watchtower advises.

Watchtower May 1 1958 p.261 Is Your Religion the Right One?

“It is important, then, that you "keep testing whether you are in the faith," as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God's Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Supersonic: "I'm an individual and can decide whats wrong and right for myself thanks."

I am glad this is the case.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hi, supersonic! Welcome to the board!

I agree with what parakeet said. Like any other human organization, people in this forum are made with 2 groups: those who are sincere and those who are not. Keep reading lots of posts. Don't rush to a conclusion on anything. Quite a few of us understand where you are now. Your life is full of possibilities. Carefully explore and always do the right thing.

So you must be in highschool now. Is that what you call in England? Highschool is the school you go before college/university. what are you planning for your future? Have you thought about it?

sunshineToo in California (oh, yeah, almost 100 degree for a couple of days now)

• supersonic
    supersonic

I'm at college at the moment and would like to move on to university but that is obviously frowned upon by some...

• Caedes
    Caedes

Welcome supersonic,

My advice is to go on to uni and carry on deciding for yourself what is right and wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit