New to this!

by supersonic 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher

Welcome to the board Supersonic!
    I am among those who've stopped going. We are called faders (just kind of fading away). If I am ever ID'd, that'll change in a hurry. I look forward to seeing your posts.
    Forscher

• supersonic
    supersonic

No i am not baptized and am not doing anything seriously wrong anyway.

My best mate in the truth has just left which obviously has affected me. He believes it but can't stop smoking and it was recently announced he is no longer a baptized publisher.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I believe what i hear

Do you? Do you really?

• supersonic
    supersonic
    Do you? Do you really?

Yes mate i do.

• sinis
    sinis

Supersonic: There are not two worlds, but only one. What you do in this world, at the moment matters most. Live life, don't let life live you. The WTS has done much to instill fear in men. While god intended us to be happy. Jesus said it best when he said to love god with your whole heart and love your neighbor ass yourself. There is nothing more to life than this. Pursue YOUR happiness, live life by the golden rule, and God will be pleased with you. The problem is that the WTS does its best to "demonize" EVERYTHING in this world. Lets face reality, this world is all we have for the moment, so live life and love it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome supersonic!

• supersonic
    supersonic

I have met some decent people though, don't consider them as "friends" but the brothers do organize a game of football and i play 11a side twice a week which i would miss.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Supersonic,

Yes you should be here. You are searching, and I think this site will give you insight as to what you are in for if you continue with JWs.

It is up to you what you want to do.

r. ( Fader but shunned anyway)

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Welcome aboard, Supersonic!!!

I was born & raised a JW & basically started the 'fade' or 'walkaway' about six years ago. This happened for many reasons, one of them being that I had never really found any satisfying answers to my most fundamental questions or concerns (such as why Jehovah permitted persecution & allowed my father to die). The final straw was during a period of severe mental & emotional crisis when I received almost no support from my 'brothers' in the congregation..

Since then there have continued to be challenges in my life, but with each passing day I grow a little stronger. Coming to this site has been a great help to me. A lifelong friend who also 'faded' from the Organization has likened the process to being a kid in a candy store for the first time: Everything is new, exciting, sometimes a little scary, but always an adventure..

Please stick around. I have made some real friends here, & know that you will too..

Regards,

DesertRat

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Can't... control... hands.... satan.... making me.... type this filth.

Yeah, pretty stupid huh? We're normal, your 'worldy' friends are normal. Here's something to think about. What if one of those friends told you he was gay? Would you really stop bothering with him, and think of him as disgusting? If not, feel free to question everything else you're being taught. If you would shun him, think about that. Is it right to do so when you know everything else about him has been fine so far, and that sexuality is becoming more and more acceptable as a normal part of human life and needs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit