My Wife's reaction to the Revelation Book news

by under_believer 61 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Last time we studied it, as we finished the last lesson, I told our group (after the 3rd time studying it), "Hopefully, the prophecies will all be fulfilled before we have to study this a 4th time!" Hearty laughter ensued.

I guess it didn't come to pass...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There's nothing like the aging process to add a little mold to the regurgitated spiritual pablum!

W

• lawrence
    lawrence

I feel bad for all those who have gone through the "Blessed Exodus from Babylon" via Cedar Points, and the 7 bowls in the 1920's. The history of a religion in denial of being false prophets. Yes, 1914 over and over, 1918 over and over, 1919 and the cleansing of the "Spiritual Temple" and yes once again, back to Cedar Points. No wonder the town of Cedar Points put in a roller coaster, it was to signify the "Antitypical Roller Coaster Ride." Have fun you lurkers. Should be a wonderful year of pablum and delusion.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I thought that "Babylon the Great Has Fallen, Gods Kingdom Rules" (Dark red, early 60s?) was the definitive predigested food (like vomit) from the F&DS on the book of Revelation (AKA, "Johns LSD trip, or How I learned to stop worrying and love the Pipe")? That was an inch and a half thick and small print to boot. We studied it forever. As I recall, it was printed without questions at the bottom of the page, they were in a separate booklet. Seriously, how many more interpretations have there been since I bailed out in '81?

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

Lawrence, that was really damn funny. thanks

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Gregor,

Only the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! It has had its dogma updated in the Watchtower magazines and DC manuscripted talks, but the shell of it still relates the forms, the warp and woof, of the Revelation doctrine.

The interpretation style is still after the fashion of Babylon the Great Has Fallen, but the format has been simplified and the look is more glitzy.

For those of you rolling your eyes at my statement that it is simplified, you OBVIOUSLY don't remember the Babylon the Great book. The question booklet alone was 32 pages of tiny print (if I remember right). I still have the book, but have misplaced my question booklet. It was the size of the early blood booklet.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Don't go to the meetings any more but still in with a lot of still 'faithful' attenders. Their reaction; "oh no, not the Revelation Book again".

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I thought that the idea that the revelation book is being studied again came from some post that was nothing but rumor, but it seems to be a fact now.
    Came in after the book had been studied three times, left before it hit #4. Good thing I made it out of that one. I actually have read the book twice. Once thinking about how serious all of it was, the second time in awe that I actually believed it the first time.
    It is now obvious what they are doing. Look at this years convention and the new book. They are doing a restructure. We know they are loosing young people. They are coming at them with everything they got, trying to lay on the 'last days' guilt and excitement pushing them into the pioneer work. After they study this revelation book it will be the new book that focuses on the last days. Fear is all they have left.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Mid last year I took a Revelation book from my mother's library. I wanted to re-read a bit about how the WTBS portrayed the UN. I havent looked at the book since long before I discovered the NGO scandal. After scanning through it a little and sharing it with a co-worker I threw it away. I just couldn't stand to even have it in my house. The WTBS already covered itself with the Revelation book. Chapter 2 page nine contains a box at the top of the page titled "Interpreting the Scriptures". Within this box the Society states, "It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible." They are leaving them selves a door by which they can escape the lies that they present as truth. They dont claim that this printed publication is "infallible" however they have no reservation of casting one out of thier orginization if they disagree with any of the "truth" published within it's bindings. To think that I spent many hours studing this publication. If only I would have studied my school work with the same dilligence.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I remember hearing that another religion was studying the Revelation book because it was so good! What a joke. The book revolves solely around Jehovahs Witnesses. The Watchtower approach is that Revelation was written to describe the events of the Last Days as fulfilled by the Watchtower Society. Even when I was a 100% believer I was disturbed by that book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit