My Wife's reaction to the Revelation Book news

by under_believer 61 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Well, it's not ALL nonsense."

Yes it is. Thank goodness I haven't got this bs to "look forward" to again. I almost feel sorry for my still - brainwashed former brothers and sisters who will have to sit through another 2 years of that crap.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Guilty- for years I went through the motions, afraid to actually say, "Hey, you know I don't understand alot of the stuff you are saying. Where do you get this stuff about the two witnesses, etc. found in the Revelation book?" So I mainly tried to keep awake during the study and hoped that no one would realize that I really had little clue. I thought everyone else around me were deep thinkers who absorbed all the deep spiritual information and I was deficient. My husband was a book study overseer for many years. I just tried to sit and not embarass him.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

dittos on the not having to sit through all of that bull again, most, even the conductors didn't even understand the convoluted thinking of the idiots who wrote it. Maybe they will have another release of a different style (paperback) so that the R&F can spend (thats donate) even more money to the publishing company.

• minimus
    minimus

The Society simply recycles the same old sh*t as spiritual food. The ones that think it's wonderful (again) are truly brain dead.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    They both thought that was a GREAT idea! LOL

LMAO... None so blind as those who cannot see.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I actually enjoyed the Revelation book - but doing it again - that will be so boring

• minimus
    minimus

You know why I enjoyed conducting it??? Because I never had to study the lesson. Already had all the answers.

• under_believer
    under_believer

To clarify, she doesn't think it's "wonderful." If her behavior during the Isaiah and Daniel studies are any gauge, she'll complain about the book constantly and say how it's really hard to understand, doesn't make sense, is confusing, is dry, doesn't have any real practical meaning for her life, etc.
    Nevertheless, her brainwashing dictates that she state that it's good, even if she doesn't really feel that way. All of those things she complains about she will (at least externally) declare to be her own fault--she doesn't study enough or isn't spiritual enough.
    She also feels a strong obligation to put a positive spin on everything for the kids' benefit.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You know why I enjoyed conducting it??? Because I never had to study the lesson. Already had all the answers.

True minimus - when I was appointed an elder we had already been through it twice, so I had all the answers and it made pre-studying unnecessary,

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh no! You are kidding me! How can they do that? There's so much that's out of date now by JW standards. Somebody above said it's 'old light' - it IS! And as it is now I avoid attending when subjects are discussed that I don't agree with. But I can't arrange to skip 18 solid months or so of Revelation book!

Just shoot me now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit