My Wife's reaction to the Revelation Book news

by under_believer 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ronin1
    ronin1

I still have my 1988 edition of the Revelation book.

If anyone saw all my marks, notes, etc.- you would have thought I was studying to prepare a thesis for college.

If anyone has forgotten the following chapters: 21-24- " Jehovah's Plagues on Christendom"; "The First Woe- Locusts"; The Second Woe- Armies of Cavalry" , and "A Sweet and Bitter Message"- then you will know how ridiculous this book really is and was.

And to believe we fell for this garbage!!!

Ronin1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I actually enjoyed the Revelation book

Bet you studied it in English.

Can you imagine what it was like translating it into Asian languages???? It was horrendous.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

drew sagan,

We is a resourceful bunch when we wanna be: Re: Revelation It's Grand Climax at Hand! - bookstudy

This was sewed up in a burlap bag back in February. We knew WAY before the casual congregants.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Forscher
    Forscher
    To clarify, she doesn't think it's "wonderful." If her behavior during the Isaiah and Daniel studies are any gauge, she'll complain about the book constantly and say how it's really hard to understand, doesn't make sense, is confusing, is dry, doesn't have any real practical meaning for her life, etc.

The reason it is so hard to understand is because it is so hard to believe the drivel in it. I was around for all three studies of the thing. I find it hard to believe that they aren't embarrassed by that book and haven't put out of eveybody's misery, where it belongs.
    Forscher

• Forscher
    Forscher
    "It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible."

I was assistant to the literature servant several times. One time a newly associated study came up to the counter and asked me what the book was. I explained that it was a book about the Society's intepretations fo Revelation. An annointed sister was standing there and imformed us that it was not intepretation, it was the error free explanation of the book of Revelation. I nicely turned the pages to that statement and had the sister read it. The look on her face was rich! It was worth the possibility that she might turn me in to the elders after she stormed off!
    Forscher

• watson
    watson

This makes me think that the organization is planning on ending the book study arrangement.......maybe, huh?

• cheen
    cheen

I was "in" when the Revelation(its grand climax!in hand!)book was first studied, oh boy the masses were stirred up!. "Armageddon is just around the corner, why else would the "society" publish a book with this magnitude" is all I heard, lol....... How many times has this book been studied since it's inception?

• vitty
    vitty

So was t really `96 when it was last studied..................... That means my daughter was only 12..............shes married now I wonder what shell make of it .

Is it common knowledge that it is to be studied again next January ? I would like to talk to my daughter and point out the ridiculous claims before she studies it. It might make her wake up.

I thought I was the only one who thought it was far fetched, if someone else had agreed with me I might have woken up sooner.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

It must be horrible to sit there and study books that are leading people up the garden path.

What kind of grounding do they get compared to a BSc RE students in something like Revelations?

• kristyann
    kristyann

Is this Revelation book one that I could obtain by casually walking into a Kingdom Hall and asking for it, or would they not give it to me? Is it out of print and no longer in the libraries or what? Would I have to pay, like, a quarter for it on ebay instead? I really want to give it a look sometime.

By the way... I was talking to my ex-boyfriend last night and I said to him "Guess what book the JWs are studying after the 'Teach Book.'" And he goes "Let me guess, the Revelation book?" And I am like "Did you know? Did you go online and find out somehow?" And he said "No, it's only because they studied that one like 500 times when I was a Jehovah's Witness." So he apparently wasn't surprised by it at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit