Revelation-Its Grand Climax at Hand!

by XBEHERE 44 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

Desperation - Its Grand Climax Now at Hand

Said when we were in that if they ever studied "that" again we would know it was time to quit as they would be a busted flush - studying a book riddled with changes and alterations - have they no new talent to replace the Freddie writing machine - cant any one now in Writing Dept connect the unconnectable - its raining, its Tuesday, a meeting is being held so this must equate with a Trumpet blast in Revelation etc etc how very sad to be sentenced to go through all that fantasy again - come back Freddie - time to write some more lurid fiction

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I think it has been 10 years since this was last studied, April 1996. Think of how many JWs go to the KH that weren't JWs then.

Think of how many people need to get a new copy. All this activity will reduce their excess inventory.

It is inventory control issue, not a spirituality issue.

• merfi
    merfi
    Think of how many people need to get a new copy

Did they "encourage" getting a new (softcover?) book to study this time? Did they re-publish with changes? I don't know how they're gonna pull this one off -- so much "old light" that the corrective notes in the margins would be more than the paragraphs....

I'm so glad I don't have to go listen to this crap.

~merfi

• Mulan
    Mulan

They must be overstocked with them. There can be no other reason for this.

The last time it was studied ('95-'96 or thereabouts), they no longer believed half of that book. Has it been updated?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I recall (partially) studying this in 1995. 11 years ago. Now as other posters have mentioned, SURELY a % of it is Old Light? Or are they reprinting with subtle changes? (Not as though any changes would be noticed by the R&F I shouldn't think)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Look on the bright side! I think the revelation book and the daniel book are the two biggest destroyers of faith that this cult studies! The daniel book was a big stumbling stone for me!

Now think how many THOUSANDS of people are going to be going through... Make that WADING through this bs and start to question! I think we'll be seeing a bit upswing in newbies about half way in!

Hey I made a prophecy!

• jaredg
    jaredg

i agree w/ you mkr. maybe once they start studying this book my parents will realise that 1914 (i.e. 607) and the UN scandle is such a big deal

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

worse part of it for me is, since I gave up conducting (couldn't take the Daniel book) the elder that took over for me is nauseatingly over-positive about everything JW so I am not looking forward to him putting a positive spin on this vomit! Who knows maybe I can stop attending all together before this book starts.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Glad I won't be there for it.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 4/96 p. 2 Congregation Book Study ***

Schedule for congregation studies in the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!

April 1: p. 305, ¶1 p. 308, ¶12

April 8: p. 309, ¶13 p. 311, ¶23

April 15: p. 312, ¶24 p. 315, ¶5

April 22: p. 316, ¶6 p. 319, ¶19

Schedule for congregation studies in the book Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life.

April 29: Chapter 1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit