This Past Sunday My Wife Took Me To The Elders!

by enlightenedcynic 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    She goes to the bedroom, comes back and hands me some papers stapled together. As I started to look over them, I recognized that they were printouts of old watchtower articles, highlighted in certain paragraphs, newspaper articles that were not, shall we say, pro-WTS and a copy of the UN NGO letter that confirmed the WTS' status. Seems innocent enough right? Wrong! All that info was on my computer and she accessed it and printed it out so that she could show the brothers that I had doubts about the org and was viewing apostate literature!!

And exactly what is "apostate" about old watchtowers, and newspaper articles? And just because the United Nations has confirmed the WTS status, where does she get off saying that that's "apostate"?

This sort of crap just pisses me off. Your wife is willing to throw away her marriage and family for a f*cking man made organization that has screwed everyone over? I'd tell her she'd better think long and careful about her decision. When she's 80 years old and sitting there all ALONE in a Nursing Home, she's going to look back and regret that she gave up her husband, family and life for this religion.

As for grounds for divorce? Well, from a worldly point of view, she can site "irreconcilable differences"; from a scriptural point of view, she has no grounds. I'd remind her (and the elders) of the following scripture:

(1 Corinthians 7:12-16) . . .But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and yet she is agreeable to dwelling with him, let him not leave her; 13 and a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her, let her not leave her husband. 14

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to [his] wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, YOUR children would really be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving one proceeds to depart, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not in servitude under such circumstances, but God has called YOU to peace. 16 For, wife, how do you know but that you will save [your] husband? Or, husband, how do you know but that you will save [your] wife?

Good luck......Let us know what happens.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

enlightenedcynic,

Thanks for sharing your story. I read it outloud to my wife who's never been a JW and she couldn't believe what she was hearing. It's hard for her to understand the controll that the WTBS has over it's subjects.

Is apostacy grounds for divorce? I didn't think that it was.

Keep us posted and good luck. Im really sorry to hear about your situation.

• loosie
    loosie

I agree with Mary.

and a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her, let her not leave her husband

If you two separate and you don't get involved with another woman she will have a long wait to get remarried. If it's not adultery she doesn't have grounds to remarry.

Now you have the option (depending on how ugly she wants this to get) to turn what she was saying around on her. For instance "well my wife brought up the un thing and I didn't know about so I looked it up trying to get some answers for her."

BTW I am sorry to hear she has decided to go this route.

• juni
    juni
    call me cynical but it seems weird youre having these problems now if it wasnt a problem before this article ? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/114474/1.ashx are the floodgates about to open with a new marriage get out clause?

This was posted by nelli136. You might want to consider this to be prepared.

Also this scripture that they like to site at wedding ceremonies:

Eccl. 4:12 about the threefold cord cannot be quickly torn in two. - They apply this to the need of having Jehovah in your marriage to make it a success.

Jehovah + wife + husband = 3fold cord. (according to scripture)

In actuality it's:

WTB&TS + wife + husband = RECIPE FOR TROUBLE

Juni

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you love your wife and your kids, then fight for them, I say, and fight to keep your marriage and family together.

Joe dont matter how much he fights for them,,,, The WT will tell her she is offending GOD.... & point out no one must love ANY one over Jehovah...Yes WE ALL know it is not GOD who is laying down the law it is that Evil organisation.

I am so sorry for enlighten,,,,, But Her mind has been captured by an evil slave. Good luck my friend ...

• nelly136
    nelly136

shame the borg cant be named as a co-respondant for screwing with pepes marriages in divorce cases

• loosie
    loosie

Sue the WT for loss of consortum.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi ec,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I wouldn't normally suggest that you run to a lawyer, but in this instance, do it, for no other reason than that you have children.

I would advise you to NOT let her do all the leg work in the separation.... she can make false allegations that you will have a tough time to correct, if she starts the proceedings.

The JWs will attempt to keep the children from you, because (in their eyes) if the kids stay with you, they'll be damned at Armageddon.

You're not dealing with rational people here, and you shouldn't expect them to use rational thought.

Brad

• Honesty
    Honesty

My marriage ended in divorce over apostate issues like yours. I wish you all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit