Is This Kind of Behavior at a Concert Acceptable?? Need Your Opinions.

by Seeker4 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I had to come back cause I forgot to ask MsMcDucket when we were gonna go out dancing... Don't worry MsMcD' I ain't gonna try to get you to burn one with me, not after the post you made on my cannabis thread

• wednesday
    wednesday

I haven't been to many concerts, but the few I went to, well standing and dancing were just a part of it. I got a seat floor for Meat Loaf in St.Louis, and we had drove a long way. I managed through the fan club to get to meet him. I got a pic and everything. It was nice.

during the concert when they started playing his classics, like bat out of hell, well, all bets are off. The audience is generally middle aged and a lot of them are old biker guys and that kind of stuff. I would never ask one of them to sit down. they might sit on me. Thankfully the stage was above the floor so we could see even with the audience standing, but to see really well, you had to stand also. I try to be considerate, if someone behind me says "sit down we cant see" I try to do that, b/c I was just raised that way. But if we are all standing, sorry, they will just have to stand themselves.

With Meat Loaf concerts you really want to stay out of the front rows He likes to pick people out of the audience and hassle them. I've seen people get really mad and he has got a hot temper himself (lots of artists do) and well, I've seen him throw people out of a concert.

We went to a city sponsered native american festival. The singer invited people t get up and dance and it more or less blocked the view to the stage. I heard people grumbling but what are you going to do? Some in the audience seemed rather hostile so we did not dance out of fear mostly. now, is that really the way to be, so darn mean that you scare other people from enjoying dancing that they were invited to do?

You can write that editoral (and it woud not hurt maybe your singer will see it and adjust his program)but expect a fair number to call you an old foggie.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Can't say I've ever been to a gig where I've sat and listened, I guess I'm into a different kind of music.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Is This Kind of Behavior Post at a Concert Bible Research Thread Acceptable?? Need Your Opinions.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Is This Kind of Behavior Post at a Concert Bible Research Thread Acceptable?? Need Your Opinions.

You're bad!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Seeker4,

It's unfortunate that you'd pay top dollar for front seats, and have rude, inconsiderate idiots, who have no regard for others block your view of the show. Anytime inconsiderate doofus heads got up and were blocking other peoples view of the show, (ones I've attended) they would be, or were made to go back to their seats where they belong. Your indignation IMO is well founded. If it were a "general admissions" type of concert or show then one would have to live wiith it. But if it's assigned seating, then again, people should care about what others think. Pandemonium has a time and a place. Like a Greatful Dead or Phish concert!

I recently attended a Jethro Tull concert at a small theater, one of the inconsiderate boobs in the audience who was evidently on the verge of orgasm, was whistling incredibly loud. It was so loud, it sounded amplified. Quite annoying. Anyway, Ian Anderson was in the middle of a flute solo, while this annoying whistling was going on and stopped playing and said, "I know you are probably excited but you're fucking me up!" He then continued on. The point being, is that was rude, and so is blocking the others view with your ass. Sit the hell down.

Dismembered

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    one of the inconsiderate boobs in the audience who was evidently on the verge of orgasm, was whistling incredibly loud. It was so loud, it sounded amplified. Quite annoying. Anyway, Ian Anderson was in the middle of a flute solo, while this annoying whistling was going on and stopped playing and said, "I know you are probably excited but you're fucking me up!"

I'll agree that whistling, and WOO HOOing is not cool at all... then you can't hear the music and dance to it...

• garybuss
    garybuss

Once Nancy talked me into going to see Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty in an arena that holds 7,000. The sound was like a transistor radio taped to the ceiling on full reverb and right behind us sits some old Iowa farmer about 90 and he was deaf as a rock and he yelled at his wife all the way through the concert.

I was pissed. At half time break, I told him to shut up. That just made him talk all the more. Now, He's talking about ME!

It was okay to see the concert. Conway died right after that tour.

I have expectations that people will behave rationally and they don't. When will I learn?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    have expectations that people will behave rationally and they don't. When will I learn?

It's certainly a stubborn hope - ie. to persist with it after jwism

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I think the problem here, is that all you people who need to "see" the musician, have a bad case of the "idolitry blues"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit