Is This Kind of Behavior at a Concert Acceptable?? Need Your Opinions.

by Seeker4 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Does it matter that if you, or someone else, gets up to dance that you block someone else's view? Isn't that rude?

View?.. Ireally think a live performance is about (in no particular order) the massive wall af speakers, having a competent individule on the sound boards, and having the chance to experience the artist's talent in a raw unrefined atmosphere (like a studio)...

If your dancing, your probablly not looking in any particular direction... I believe that dancing is the ultimate compliment for a performer...

I will say that if I know it's a no standing show, I will not attend...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    ummmm, I'm sorry... I wouldn't even attend a concert if I had to sit, and was not allowed to danc... I mean what's the point if you can't dance.....

well the point is some gigs are not dancing gigs...

if you wanna dance go to a rave or similar..

some concerts are meant to be sat and listened to...

and by listened to i mean sat in a seat watching and listening to the performer perform...not sat at the bar getting drunker and louder while talking to whoever is in the vicinity about how rubbish the act is...why buy a ticket and then do something you could have done for free in a bar

and while we are on the subject why buy a cinema ticket and then spend the whole movie talking to a friend on ya mobile

work it out people...it aint rocket salad

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've never been to a show where ppl would stay sitting in their seats during a show. I could imagine how frustrating that was. Sounds like the stage was also pretty much level with the audience?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    and while we are on the subject why buy a cinema ticket and then spend the whole movie talking to a friend on ya mobile

honestly the main reason I don't go to the cinema, is I can't sit still for 2 hours, I'd at least have to get up and streach my legs for 5-10 minutes...

Though If it were permissible to go out and "burn one" real quick; I might be able to sit still that long...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I can't sit still for 2 hours

maybe your inability to be able to sit still or concentrate is because you have been 'burning' too many

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    maybe your inability to be able to sit still or concentrate is because you have been 'burning' too many

nah... If my parents could have afforded it, they would have put me on "Ritalin"(sp?)... Glad that didn't happen... The herb works just fine for me

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

OpenFireGlass - thanks for responding. Have loved your stuff here on JWD, and I admire you immeasurabley. But, we diverge a bit here.

I could see McMurtry backstage all I wanted. What I really wanted was to SEE him perform. I disagree that it's a bonus to actually get to "see" the person you bought tickets to watch in concert - that should be a given. For someone to feel that they have the right to destroy your experience of a concert for their "right" to block your view, well, I'll never agree that that is acceptable. That's just being an asshole.

If you, as another ticket buyer, want to get up and dance - all the more power to you - just get the fuck out of everyone else's way. I didn't pay $100 to watch you shake your ass, I paid to see the entertainer, not you. If I want to see someone dance to McMurty's music, I can dance in front of a mirror myself. I dance better than 90% of the folks blocking my view. Don't have your "experience" of the concert at my expense. Sure, you're some great "free soul" who needs to express their individuality in front of us all - at the same time blocking our view of what we paid our hard earned cash to see. Get the hell out of our way. We're not less important than you, and it's fucking arrogant of you to feel that you are.

Get over yourself and get the hell out of the way. You're not that great a dancer. At that point you're just another fat ass in the way, even if you don't have a fat ass.

Go dance off to the side - you're not such a great a dancer that I need to see you instead of the musician I really came here to SEE and HEAR! If you were such a great talent I'd have bought the ticket to watch you. But that's not the case, so bugger off. When you're that good, I'll buy tickets to your show. Until then - move to the side...

That having been said, I would love to invite you over for a brew or two after the concert, sitting on my deck and looking out on the starry sky (not too visible that night, I might add!!), and talking for hours. We'd have a hell of a good time. You can even dance for me. Hours on end if you want. I'll love it, and even dance with you. If you ever come to my part of the globe, consider yourself a guest at my home. I mean no disrespect to you in this post. But just don't think that your experience of some musician is so much more important than mine that you have the right to destroy my enjoyment of the concert.

I may be sitting in my chair a few rows back, quietly digging that music - and appreciating it a hundred times more than the stoner up there shaking his ass, swinging his jacket in the air, and blocking all our views, spilling his beer over everyone around him.

Just asking that all of us be respected. Wars, including ones going on right now, have been started for less!!

S4

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I've seen Jerry Garcia, and David Grisman, more times that I can count at the "Warfeild" in San Francisco more times than I can count... If I really wanted to see him, I could go up to the balcony, to watch him... Very few people were up on the balcony level... Most(75%) people were dancing...

The thing is, when Jerry's playin' the guitar, you know it's Jerry...Hmmm, guess you had to be there

• garybuss
    garybuss

I once sat in a ball park for eight straight days and there wasn't even a ball game OR a band. How dumb am I?
    I actually like to look at 100 dancing asses.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    View?.. Ireally think a live performance is about (in no particular order) the massive wall af speakers, having a competent individule on the sound boards, and having the chance to experience the artist's talent in a raw unrefined atmosphere (like a studio)...

OPG, ain't that it! I love live performances! Nothing like it, especially when the musicians are playing REAL instruments! Gives me goose bumps! My friends called me the one that didn't have to be high to know good music. Does that make me weird?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit