"You have a week to Move out" PLEASE HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

by stillAwitness 78 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Wednesday:Most likely they just resent you for not wanting to be a jws and think they can bulldoz you into being one by cutting of the support. and that shite works too, money helps everything .It is nice to have money, to be able to have nice clothes, furniture, keep those nails done, drive a nice car.. You have it now, but look what price you are paying. But money is so nice to have.

My bf says the same thing. He reminds me that you just can't put a price tag on your independance. And I do think that is what my parents are trying to do. Its so sad to see how the WT has made them this way.

The elders will probaaby DF you for it, hate to tell u this. It is called tha appearance of evil. they presume you are fornicating , even if you are not. can't beat them, spend the night with him and they will DF you. They will say (even if you have only been given a week and have no money saved up) that you are an adult at 22 and if you do not want to be a jws then go and mooch off the worldy people.

But how will they know I am living with my bf? I won't say anything to anyone.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Have you been to college? if not, now is a good time to start.

Yes I am in school for Health And Nutrition. I have been determined to not miss a single semester. Even if i do leave home

"A year from now you will wish you started today."

Thank you for the encouraging words. I really like this quote.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Stilla, the elders love to do the witch hunt. Don't go out of your way to get d/f, but you need to prepare yourself emotionally for the possibility that you may get d/f for any number of reasons once they perceive you to be bad association. It is one of the sad realities of having been raised a JW.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    1. You like to be taken care of. Look out, not many people in this world will offer you that without exacting a price.

2. You like nice things. Time to stop shopping at Neiman Marcus and go to Target like the rest of us.

3. You do not have the wherewithall to make a plan about ANYTHING, believing it will 'all work out in the end.' Sorry sis,you gotta put in your effort. This is a syndrome called "Princess Syndrome" I believe or something similar. You believe a prince will come on a white horse and ride your ass outta there. Ain't gonna happen.

4. Even 'models' and 'actresses' will get REAL PEOPLE jobs to help support themselves. Go apply at Kohl's or Arby's or something.

Tough words but I needed to hear em. It is time for me to finally grow up! Thank you for the kick in the ass!!

had not thought of this when i posted previously, but the parents , may have been given strong advice (possibly something from the conventions) to oust her from the house or they are acountable

Interesting. So you're saying this may be a practice the elders are encouraging the parents to do?

was told I'd have 3 weeks to get out. I was out in a little less than two, with a new job and and apartment, in a different town.
    Good for you! I do have a job but I just started a few weeks ago and hardly have anything saved up as of now. If I had the oppurtunity to be really on my own then I would be gone.Moving in with my bf is pretty risky. But this all did come sort of last minute and he's really the only person I know I could move in with. If I could do it alone I would in a heartbeat
  • stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

THEY CREATED THIS INTENTIONALLY STILLA so that you would feel dependent upon them, and look. You do.

Be on guard that you do not follow this pattern of co-dependency into your relationships in the future.

Never thought of it that way but you are right!

Now you can post your real picture, or give us a link to your modelling portfolio.

of course! I have been wanting to show it for some time now. I will very soon.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hey (((((stillA))))

It's tough but you'll soon be glad it happened now.

Ideally it might be better to rent a room close to your job and take the time to figure out what you really want to do with your life. Try it, it might be easier than you think.

If you do move in with your bf though -- from what I read he sounds like a rather nice, intelligent and unselfish guy -- make sure you don't consider it as mere "shelter" -- unless for a very short time -- and that you are really able and willing to plan for and work out things together with him.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Stilla:

Seventeen is much too young to be tossed out on the street by your parents, whether you are a male or a female. However, at 22 years old, you are an adult. You do come across as young and dependent for your age, which is why some people give you a bit of a hard time. However, I agree with LDH, your parents have kept you sheltered and have conditioned you to be afraid of everything in the world for a very good reason. It helps them to maintain control over you and allows them to pressure you to conform to JW beliefs or else face the consequences of having them throw you out into that very cold, unsafe world they have taught you to be afraid of.

Look at all you have accomplished already in your short life. You have graduated. You have a job. You can drive. You have what seems to be a nice boyfriend. You have the courage to post on an apostate forum. You are doing a lot better than many, many lost young people your age. Yet, you have been so conditioned by fear, that you cannot see all these positive things you have accomplished and allow them to make you feel confident about your survival skills. Most of the obstacles you throw up in your own way are imagined and could happen to you if you stay home. (Being raped for example) This type of thinking only keeps you stagnant.

In my opinion, it is very unfair for your parents to give you only a week to move out. I'm positive it is also illegal to give anyone less than a months notice from the first of the month. This includes your own children. They absolutely have no legal way to enforce this. The first thing I would do is calmly tell them you will accept 30 days notice to move from the the 1st day of July (or whatever the law is in your state). You need that time to find a place, save for a deposit, and arrange for movers. If they are so cold and so cruel as to put you and your things out on the street before this time, then you will only have 3 options. Contact the police and ask them to direct you to a shelter, move in temporarily with any friend, or with your boyfriend.

Actually, I think this should be a last resort. You will be moving from one dependency relationship right into another. If the relationship doesn't work out than you will be right back where you are now, homeless. Also, the stress of having to find your own place and move before you are ready is enough for you right now. You do not need the additional stress of being df'd or being thrown into a full-time relationship or finding a new job. Take it one step at a time.

Do not give up your job until you have another better one! This is the most important advice! It is your only means of support and independence. Being jobless can keep you dependent in a bad relationship. Being employed gives you options as a woman of means! If your parents take back your car, then let them take it. Take public transit to work. Millions of people (some with cars) commute for hours to work on public transit. If they can, you can too. When you get enough money or credit you can get your own car. Pay the higher insurance and count it as a lesson learned from your past.

You know what feels 100 times better than having a nice car and having your parents foot your bills?Having your own little place and your own junky little car and knowing you got it for yourself and you are in control of your own destiny!

Sorry my post is so long. I was on my own and df'd at 18 and yes I was scared. It made me stronger. This is the advice I wish someone had cared enough to have given me. You are luckier than many because you have all the people on this forum who care about you and want the best for you.

Good luck,

Cog

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm going to tell you what I did:

The only plan I have is to move in with my boyfriend.

Do it. It's your easiest and quickest option right now. If you don't want to live with him permanently, this will help you buy some time to get your own place. I moved in with my GF and her dad when I was basically forced out. Although I'm no longer with her, I'm thankful I had somewhere to go.

I'm afraid of everything in the Real world! Afraid of paying bills, afraid of walking the streets at night, afraid of what I may become.

Your BF will help you in this area. Ask him to show you how bills are paid and such. I just went out and learned how to do it on my own. I was excited to do all this stuff on my own!

Afraid we get to so poor that we will end up on food stamps-

I'll tell you something, being poor and free is better than being rich and controlled. I had to scrape pennies to buy toilet paper when I was on my own. But I loved my freedom so much that it didn't bother me. I was poor, but I was happy. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't do it differently.

There comes a point when enough is enough. Leave your parents' house and begin living your own life. It takes a bit to adapt, but you'll get the hang of it.

At the same time he lives downtown and so the job I have now which really pays well and is stable I may have to leave cause it would be 45 minutes away from him. On the other hand-I don't even know if my parents will let me keep the car!!!

This is when you need to learn your own survival skills. You need to learn how to survive without some things. I've been doing it all my life.

It's doubtful that your mom will let you keep the car. Since she has complete control over it and it's not in your name anyway, it's best if you abandon it and eventually get your own car. Until then, take the bus. I know the bus sucks, but lots of people adapt to that life. Whenever my truck is broken down, I take the bus to work. I know how to use public transportation when I need to rely on it.

Sometimes the bus rides are long. Get yourself a discman or some books to keep you entertained on the bus. If your social, start conversations with people.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    had not thought of this when i posted previously, but the parents , may have been given strong advice (possibly something from the conventions) to oust her from the house or they are acountable

Interesting. So you're saying this may be a practice the elders are encouraging the parents to do?

Oh yeah they do!

In my cong. (and personal experience): Don't teach your kids too much about how to make it on their own. From adolescence on up, drill into their heads that they could not possibly afford to live on their own. If you LET your teen have a job, be sure to control the $ so they can't sock it away. Then if they cross you, throw them out so they "learn their lesson" that they NEED the Borg. (Thanks to this plan, the kids will have no confidence, no knowledge of how to make it in the real world, and highly exaggerated fears of independence. Then when they "fall on their face", the parents/elders/gossipy JWs pretend it's the KID's fault instead of their dysfunctional upbringing.)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Methinks this isn't going to come across well, but...

You're 22, you have no idea how lucky you are - your parents have indulged you for 22 years. You have an education, a boyfriend who cares, a job and ambition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit