"You have a week to Move out" PLEASE HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

by stillAwitness 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully
    I wish i didn't feel so weak all the time. In my mind its always can't can't can't.

It's in your mind because that is what they have taught you to believe your whole life: that without them and The Truthâ„¢, you will be a failure... and they have capitalized on that fear and are using it to keep you compliant.

Listen to all of us... look at all of us.... we've made it through all these hardships and more and have come through, not just surviving, but thriving. You can too... but you have to let go of the fear.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

>breathe in <
    >breathe out<

Seriously. Breathing is very important. You need to maintain focus and own your power.

I suspect you have options, even though they may not be apparent at the moment. Calm your fears. Look around. Think. You're intelligent. Look for an immediate jumping off point, someplace or someone you can stay with even for a night while you make long term plans.

You can do this.

Standing on your own two feet is a wonderful, terrifying, and liberating feeling. So is being who you are, without lies, and without deception.

Chris

• bebu
    bebu

StillA

Even if you move out, I wouldn't burn the bridge behind you. It's better for you to move out to be on your own, I think. But I think you should let your folks know that you are sorry they felt that you were trying to lie to them to cover up something. Let them know that you felt awkward, and wish you could just reach back and say what was really going on.

Your parents still love you deeply, even though they are taking this action. This is probably putting a knife in them to kick you out. Be gracious and don't twist it.

bebu

• Scully
    Scully

I probably don't need to remind you of the irony of having the Sisterâ„¢ move in to your house, who stole from you, mooched off your parents' hospitality and wanted access to your computer and stuff... yet your parents turn a blind eye to that behavior from a mere GUEST, and decide to throw you out of the house because you lied about not going to a meeting instead of seeking a work opportunity. BTW, is Sister Moochalot still in your folks' house?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Stilla, it sounds as though you may have a few options, maybe more than you can presently see. The YMCA idea isn't that bad, they aren't awful plcaes in the UK, and I would think the US ones are ok too.

The important thing to do is try to stay calm, pick the best option available, whether it be your bf or somewhere else, then go for it. If your parents see you preparing to go, they may relent anyway, but maybe moving on isn't such a bad thing. You would be away from the wts influence then, and able to live the life you really want.

Whatever you do, good luck!

Linda

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You have a job. You have a man who loves you enough to let you hang your stockings to dry in his bathroom. GO GIRL!!

You will not dry up and blow away.

"I WILL SURVIVE" you don't need the WTBTS by your side.

Okay the job is 45 minutes away, but some people commute two hours each way!!

The worst thing about setting up on your own is learning how to use money wisely.

HB

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    But you're a GUY! Its so much easier for ya'll. If I end up on the streets I have to worry about being raped and stuff. Its so much scarier for us.

THe WTBS teaches that EVERYONE is in danger from taking one in the back from those awful worldly folk.

Quit the drama and look on roommates.com. You should be able to get something clean near your job for a whole lot less than you think. As far as transportation goes you should be able to find somthing on the bus line until your old driving sins go away.

NEVER EVER move in with someone out of desperation. It makes you look well, bad.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    or have a broke ass,

Guys can get raped to!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    or have a broke ass,
    Guys can get raped to!

ha ha ha...

• wednesday
    wednesday

Stilla a few thoughts in no particular order
    I used to ask jws who threw there kids out what they were thinking.??. the kids often got into trouble b/c they had no place to live etc and then the parents would blame them.

If you have no jws friends, then you just don't. You are also not exactly a kid, I was married with a child and a second on the way at 22. My parents were around however and helped us as a young couple b/c you are not really grown at 22.

You might as well go if they are going to act this crazy about a lie or a skirt that is too short or very silly things like that. Good heavens, you would think you had been out smoking crack Most likely they just resent you for not wanting to be a jws and think they can bulldoz you into being one by cutting of the support. and that shite works too, money helps everything .It is nice to have money, to be able to have nice clothes, furniture, keep those nails done, drive a nice car.. You have it now, but look what price you are paying. But money is so nice to have.

you have a modeling job.45 minutes from your bf's. That is a common commute aournd this area, so what? If the BF is the only safe place,then move in with him. The elders will probaaby DF you for it, hate to tell u this. It is called tha appearance of evil. they presume you are fornicating , even if you are not. can't beat them, spend the night with him and they will DF you. They will say (even if you have only been given a week and have no money saved up) that you are an adult at 22 and if you do not want to be a jws then go and mooch off the worldy people. They(the elders) will not feel sorry for you, you have a nice life style and all your parents are askig is you attend meetings and pretend to be ajws. they will also say, you ar 22, you can go live with the scum in the world if you don't want jehovah. See how all this plays out? Scum of the world, etc. Most people are not scum, kids your age are in college and working. if not, they are married and raising familes. Most worldy parents woud not continue to support a 22 yr old unless you work or were in college.

I thought seredipty had some excellent thoughts, things that will buy you some time and could make our parents look bad to others, but whatever u do now, even if they let you stay, start preparing to leave. it is going to happen.

Life is fun, an adventure. It is not horrible out here, not like jws told you. Good heavens, get out and have some fun and start living.

So time to decide. Even if mom an dad back down, I'd start geting my life in order to move out. you are getting too old to live with mom and dad especially when they expect you to adhere to their religion.

Being a adult is fun and no you may not be able to live in the style you are acustom to, but you'll have to get a job and pay your way. or since you are attractive enough to be a model, most likely some guy out there will offer to pay your way. that's is not all bad either.

Have you been to college? if not, now is a good time to start.

for goodness sake, don't be scared, it is life, not a death sentence.

For now without a car, lliving inthe city may be perfect for you. You will have a bus line to use.

welcome to the rest of your life. you did not really expect mom and dad to keep footing the bills until you were 30 did you?

agree with scully, mom and dad will throw you out in a new york minute and allow siser moochalot to come an go.

for girls like you in the jws world you have only one choice, find a well off son of a elder.probably not too hard if you ar pretty, but otherwise you cn grow old in the jws world. by 30 you ae an old maid to them. I'm so glad I hav left that crazy thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit