foods that contain blood

by loosie 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Full Scottish breakfast anyone

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

The best breakfast on the planet and also a great hang over cure

Better than an English breakfast anyway and a continental, I mean who wants cold meat and a danish at that time in the morning

BM

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

MSG other wise known as monosodium glutamate contains blood. It is used by the food industry as a flavor inhancer. Its in everything from meat to Dorito's There are alot of warnings against it since they say it causes alot of side affects.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, here is something interesting for those of you who think that steaks have just "meat juices". I went to a park today to grill a T-bone steak on a bbq and the steak was done to medium. And I was eating the steak until I cut my knife into a part near the bone and all of a sudden a lot of very dark red liquid bubbled up and filled the slice. I thought, that doesn't look like usual juices....that looks a lot like blood!

I thought, I probably hit a vein and blood leaked out. So I cut away and indeed, that was a vein!

So what do you think? Looks like it was blood to me. The thing is that in our modern industry, animals are not bled according to Jewish kashrut...animals are sometimes shot or strangled, so it is quite possible for blood to remain in the meat.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Here is some "kitchen science" that I did a while ago that shows that it is blood.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/139450/1.ashx

• winnie
    winnie
    MSG other wise known as monosodium glutamate contains blood.

Is there any proof of this?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

When people want their steak rare what do you expect?

When you don't cook your meats properly, you feel sick and you'll be a wreck.

KFC when not cooked properly, you see the chicken has blood when you check.

It is how you cook the meat, so you won't get upset.

Hibie

But.....there is one delicacy that is made of blood. It is called "pudding". It is the blood of pigs. When the pig is killed (in the most gruesome way I find that would make anyone feel sick to their stomach) the blood is drained and when it clots, it is stuffed in the intestines (which are well cleaned and washed out) with seasonings like garlic, chive, celantro, pepper, onion, celery, parsley, thyme, salt etc etc (with taste)

It is then deep fried and eaten with pepper sauce.

The first time I tried it, I felt upset. I didn't know what it was made of. Then I got to like it. Can't eat too much of it. I don't eat it anymore because not everyone can make it and they have to be very clean. Anyway I don't eat it anymore because I got sick the last time and it's not good for me.

hibiscusfire

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

When people want their steak rare what do you expect?

When you don't cook your meats properly, you feel sick and you'll be a wreck.

Hibie

But.....there is one delicacy that is made of blood. It is called "pudding". It is the blood of pigs. When the pig is killed (in the most gruesome way I find that would make anyone feel sick to their stomach) the blood is drained and when it clots, it is stuffed in the intestines (which are well cleaned and washed out) with seasonings like garlic, chive, celantro, pepper, onion, celery, parsley, thyme, salt etc etc (with taste)

hibiscusfire

Hi, Raw meat is fine if it is handled properly. A "Blue" steak is lovely. As far as "pudding" goes, we call it "Black Pudding" in the UK, and it is traditionally served with a "Full English Breakfast" (no sauce). I did once see a "vegetarian" black pudding that had no animal products in at all. I couldn't taste the difference between that and the real one. Maybe you could try and find some ?? althttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_English_breakfast

• AlphaOmega
  • M.J.
    M.J.

I just stumbled on this thread!

Leo--"blood splash" or ecchymosis also occurs.

"Blood splash is a term used to describe the appearance of blood spots on the lean surface. This condition is caused by short-term excitement of cattle prior to slaughter. This excitement increases the blood pressure of the cattle. After the cattle are stunned, too much time is allowed before sticking and bleeding of cattle and the capillaries in the muscle rupture from extreme blood pressure created. This forms blotches of blood on the surface of meat and is very undesirable to consumers, thus decreasing the value of the cattle. In the 2000 Audit, 0.5% of cattle had blood splash." http://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/quality/bloodsplash.html

Also see: http://www.meatupdate.csiro.au/data/MEAT_TECHNOLOGY_UPDATE_97-4.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit