For Darcy, what do you think is necessary for salvation?

by TheListener 77 Replies latest jw friends

• darcy
    darcy

according to the witnesses, I get dangerous ideas about how to test out my faith. for instance, I decide to go live on a college campus. It was ok, mostly I just liked being away from home. I stayed regular, even increased my hours, strangely enough. But the reasoning mom and I used was, 'hey, I've been trained, so now it's up to me. If I'm going to be bad, it doesn't matter if I'm here or there, I'll be bad"

Well, in our eyes, the college experiment turned out well enough.

My new one, methinks, is posting on apostate websites. I mean, the things y'all say are not new. Before I even knew about these places, I was writing WTS and god hate stuff in my journals. It's part experiment, and part like finally getting a chance to debate those issues with who I used to be, and seeing if how I feel now can stand up.

• Jerry1
    Jerry1

Tks Darcy for your time, and listen i am just asking you questions because you sound open person and still active. i just trying to learn. If you will consider a further idea on being crucified/impaled with Christ and that is the idea of an agent or representative. If a stock broker buys you some stock you bought some stock, if a real estate agent sells your house you sold the house. There is a passage in Heb 7:1-10 that tells about Levi paying tithes long time before he was even born through his agent Abraham. i know it sounds like i being preachy quoting scripture but that is what Paul meant that he was crucified with Christ. Christ was his representative. A person's agent can die for their sin even before they are born.

That make sense? i not trying to talk you into anything i just asking if that makes sense...........thks again for bearing with me jerry

• darcy
    darcy

yeah, it makes sense. thanks for explaining that. It's not terminology I'm likely to use, but I'm sure this explanation will come handy in the future.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Hello Darcy,

Reading your posts with interest. Just a question: where do you feel you fit in with the society?

FBF

• darcy
    darcy

I have no royal clue.

I get told at the meetings, 'we love your answers, you're so strong, so encouraging.. blah blah blah blah.' and naturally everyone's glad to have me back from the wolves at college... I really am fond of the folks in my cong. I found the cong. at college very cold. (personally I think it's cause they were a bunch of yanks, but this probably isn't a good place to bring up the civil war)

I feel sorry for some of them. I don't feel lesser than anyone there, or greater really. I've learned that they can't fix the problems in my family, that often things you think the elders should do, they don't because it's really something you've got to do. Like go get help when you're husband is abusive.

Via the divorce, I learned everyone is fallible. Which took away any sense of intimidation I may have ever felt.

I don't think this is answering the question. I don't know how to answer. I'm just there. Sometimes what I hear seems absurd, other times I really agree with it. I don't hold apostate or atheistical views anymore, so I try to be thoughtful and not challenge my friends at the cong. too much.

Ah, that doesn't answer either. Where am I in the Society? I'm an indian.

There.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I believe I've got my answer.

I wish you the best in all your endeavours.

FBF

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have nothing to add to this discussion except that I LUV your nom de plume, Fleshybirdfodder. It's really, really clever.

Welcome to JWD.

Robyn

• carla
    carla

I do not understand Darcy at all from a jw point of view. She is not a 'real' jw at all. Her views are so contrary to jw thought and what the so called 'fds' has to say. I would think she would be what most jw's term as 'not a real jw'. So it doesn't matter what she does at all, she is not a 'real' jw at heart or mind. Are you baptized? Have you dedicated your life to the gov body? As they insert themselves in the baptismal questions as opposed to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• Jerry1
    Jerry1

Darcy, you sound like a great young lady........just one more post and i will quit bugging you.

According to the WT, a person cannot have Jesus as their agent ( mediator ) unless they are annointed. Jesus is only the mediator for the144k and then in turn the annointed are the mediator for everyone else. Too many middle men here sugar................take care jerry

watchtower 1951 june 15

Hence, besides individually possessing God’s Word, we need a theocratic organization. Yes, besides having God’s spirit of illumination, a Christian needs Jehovah’s theocratic organization in order to understand the Bible. He needs to attend the meetings arranged for by that organization and to study with fellow Christians. He needs the organization, too, in order to work in harmony with God’s purposes and to be directed aright in his movements. The reason is that Jehovah God is dealing with his organization, and does not deal with individuals who are outside of his organization or who defiantly try to act independently of it.

watchtower 1981 8/1

Where do you stand with regard to the fulfillment of the illustration of the "wheat" and the "weeds"? The fact that the "harvest" of the "sons of the kingdom" is well advanced proves that the "conclusion [synte´leia] of the system of things" is nearing its end (telos). Your attitude toward the wheatlike anointed "brothers" of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into "everlasting cutting-off" or receive "everlasting life."

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    carla: She is not a 'real' jw at all.

carla,

I wasn't either. Ever. I just didn't know it. When I finally started checking out the basis for obscure (but powerful) doctrines that aren't taught in the door-to-door ministry,

I found out (1) that I believed Jesus was my mediator, (2) that I didn't believe Jesus chose the Society in 1918 (from whence choosing, all their claims of authority arise), (3) that I do believe Hebrews 5:14 requires rejecting the notion of cookie-cutter belief systems, (4) that 1 John 4:1 requires holding belief in abeyance until a thorough investigation has been done, (5) that 1 Timothy 4:16 means I must be extremely careful what I teach others, (6) that Matthew 23:15 means proselytizing others to a false belief system is harmful, and (7) that "paradise" refers to heaven, however much someone may want it to mean something else.

I also discovered that I believe what the Bible says over what is said by any organization that claims to teach it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit