What are apostate lies?

by vitty 63 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

With the hotting up of the WT articles about not listening to apostate lies. I was wondering, when you where in the borg did you ever wonder what these "lies" were.

Its a strange thing but I never did. I never even knew what they said about us and I didnt care.

In other walks of life, if you hear that someone has been lied about, you usually want to know what it is (well I do cos im nosey) but in all my 20 years I didnt wonder about what the apostates were saying. My coming on to an apostate website was an accident.

Even now I dont know what an apostate "lie" is. Do you know ?

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Its a strange thing but I never did.

Strange but me too, were we brainwashed not to ask questions?

• luna2
    luna2

I didn't ask, I didn't look, I didn't research online or at the library. Methinks we were definitely brainwashed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Like when apostates state that Jehovah's Witnesses "compromised" with Hitler, tear isolated quotes out of context, and actually claim that the only religious group that stood up to Hitler actually have something to be ashamed of.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Lol. I knew when I saw that you replied to this thread, you'd make an ass out of yourself, SBF!

http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5245 Read learn.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

are you saying the Witnesses were the only group to stand up to Hitler?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

No, they're the only group to flip flop in relation to Hitler. All those innocents were killed because they were inconsistent in sucking up to Hitler

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good point. I never knew what the lies were, just knew they must be bad. 1 'lie'I had heard was about Miracle wheat being a lie, but that was not from an apostate but someone in the territory.

Slimboyfat, don't you bother to do your research. What about the WTS lies, such as they always knew the end would start in 1914, or that there are more earthquakes since 1914....?

Then again SBF, sometimes things have been taken out of context, but you would have to agree that very quickly and 'apostate' will correct the error. There are a number of people here that carefully monitor that falsehoods about the WTS are not spread.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The only "apostate lies" I'm familiar with are the ones taught by the Watchtower cult.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    The only "apostate lies" I'm familiar with are the ones taught by the Watchtower cult

Amen to that, I couldn't have said it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit