Cannabis vs Alchohol and Other Man Made Pharmacuticals

by OpenFireGlass 145 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    lawsuits against the pharmacutical companies that are being sued by the parents of children who commited suicide while they were taking these anti-depressants that were approved by the FDA, but were later pulled off the market? ...I mean, this news was in the mainstream media...

Links Provided courtesy of Google..

• Robdar
    Robdar

How about the teenage pot smokers who commit suicide? Pot is a depressant. Kids who "self medicate" commit suicide too.

Personally, I'm feeling better since I quite smoking almost 2 weeks ago. Guess what? I'm no longer depressed. I have energy and I've lost weight. Granted, living sober isn't fun at times. But the physical rewards make up for the lost high.

• gumby
    gumby

Robdar...good for you sweetie. Whatever works. Maybe next winter when I'm feelin shitty ...like I ALWAYS do in the winter...about November, I'll quit me hooter for a couple of weeks and see how I feel.

I was going to church all stoned last week and coulda swore I saw this on the church sign

Gumby...who's just razzin robyn but was serious about his comment

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maybe next winter when I'm feelin shitty ...like I ALWAYS do in the winter...about November, I'll quit me hooter for a couple of weeks and see how I feel.

Quitting the hooter and getting some light therapy should work wonders for you gumbybear.

As good as I am feeling, I still want to get high. It's taking a lot of effort. I am beginning to think that pot may be addictive after all. So far so good. I just have to keep my "eyes on the prize".

• gumby
    gumby
    As good as I am feeling, I still want to get high.

Kinda like when you get drunk and get sick and swear you won't drink again.....then when you feel good your ready to party again.

Feeling good and different IS addictive Robyn.....but the grass has no addictive ingredience I'm aware of. Perhaps all you need to do is get used to feeling as you do now and that takes time as any change does. If you can do it once in awhile....like weekends( fri - sat ), then leave it alone till next weekend, that might work eh?

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

Kinda like when you get drunk and get sick and swear you won't drink again.....then when you feel good your ready to party again.

Well, I've only gotten drunk and sick one time. That was enough for me.

Feeling good and different IS addictive Robyn.....but the grass has no addictive ingredience I'm aware of. Perhaps all you need to do is get used to feeling as you do now and that takes time as any change does. If you can do it once in awhile....like weekends( fri - sat ), then leave it alone till next weekend, that might work eh?

Gumby, you may have a point. Feeling good and different is addictive. Except I was no longer feeling good. And it took more and more to get to the "high" point. My short term memory was shot and I had stopped dreaming (Of course, now the dreams are back and many of them are nightmares about my ex husband). I know that the "experts" say that pot isn't addictive but I can't help but wonder about it.

Time to let the weed go. This means on the weekends too. But thank you for your concern and your suggestion.

Sweet dreams, dear one.

Robyn

• gumby
    gumby
    Sweet dreams, dear one.

Robyn

*bets 10 bucks she can't fall asleep tonight like she did on weed*....

Nite Robyn

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

*bets 10 bucks she can't fall asleep tonight like she did on weed*....

Oh, my friend, you've lost that bet. Now fork over my 10 bucks!

BTW, since I'm no longer smoking, I'm no longer sleepy during the day. I get a lot more done.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Slightly off topic question (and yet vaguely related)...

Do people smoke hand rolling tobacco and can you buy hand rolling tobacco in the USA? I thought you must be able to because my favorite brand is "Golden Virginia" although I see it's made in the UK??? I prefer home made cigs to fags.

• ballistic
    ballistic

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39252000/jpg/_39252511_goldenvirginia203.jpg <<< tobacco

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit