Cannabis vs Alchohol and Other Man Made Pharmacuticals

by OpenFireGlass 145 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Now we all know that's not a true statement

Sure is I've been clean and sober since my late teens.

but I am a little confused.(ya didn't word that one so well) So I will ask you.....

OR... irritated that successful people that use (dope) could be more brilliant?

Yeah like I said pea-brain...umm, bingo on the second one.

And (dope) is... heroin...pills.. alchohol.. caffine?, all of the above?

Heroin, that would be a yes.

Pills, yes.

Alcohol, yes again.

Caffeine? Humm, I must confess I'm a caffeine-a-holic. Oh yes I love a cuppa Joe every morning *blush*. Since when did you ever hear of a company firing someone who didn't pass the caffeine pee test? Or when did you hear of someone who lost their house, family, job or went into the gutter because they drank too much caffeine? How many crimes have been committed by caffeine-a-holics just needing a fix? Why I just bought a big 'ol container of Folgers Coffee™ at K-Mart™, yes that's right K-Mart™ not some back alley by a coffee pusher.

And then we can get into the legal vs illegal drugs of which anyone can use or abuse including those prescribed by an MD debate, but I would rather not go there as it's just the same old same old and we both know it along with the whole marijuana for medical use debate, marijuana vs alcohol debate is really up to personal choice. Some choose to use, others loose the choice and die using and still others have tried and like myself decided sober is best for themselves.

OK I'm putting my shoe in my mouth so I'll shut up.

Anyway I don't wish to stifle the debate, it's always interesting to express and hear one another's ideas and experiences, but I digress....

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Folgers Coffee™ at K-Mart™,

wow, your such an addict you'll drink any old coffee, as long as you got coffee.... I mean I hold pretty high standards when it comes to my beans, I know that they roast them every monday morning where I buy'em.. (you know I'm so joking about your foldgers, right?)

Anyway I don't wish to stifle the debate,

nah, it's always great to get a different opinion in a dicussion..

it's always interesting to express and hear one another's ideas and experiences,

Hence, I started this thread..

PEACE, Mike

• catbert
    catbert

All creatures want to "feel good". Man happens to have the technology and intelligence to make it happen. Monkeys would smoke pot, but they haven't figured out how to roll joints yet. (Watching them try is a real hoot!) As far as saying "Jehovah" created pot for our enjoyment... Well he also created arsenic, nicotine, poison ivy and mosquitos. I tried smoking mosquitos once when I was drunk. That sucked....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ballistic

I got rolling tobacco in the 'States... although it's not common; I've been looked incredulously at in bars when I rolled-one up and people have laughed when they realised I wasn't actually building a joint, as that's what they thought I was doing; cigarettes are so cheap few people smoke rollies (but rollies ARE nicer than cigarettes) cat And animals love plants that give them a buzz; like fermented fruit - I've seen drunk elephants on wildlife programmes!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Speaking of rolling your own,..............I don't know if this is a law or a local thing...but the kids(teenage pot smokers) have started rolling their own ciggies because,.....if they get busted or searched and they have rolling papers on them, they will also get a drug paraphernalia charge, if they have 'roll your own' tobacco on them they they won't get that charge. Just thought that was interesting....

lisa

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

bumped, cause I'm bored....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit