Extra training ... so you know that shooting babies is WRONG ?!?

by Simon 146 Replies latest social current

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    However, there can be legitimate military targets for bombs

Like Nagasaki and Hiroshima?

• Simon
    Simon

AlanF

Your own desire to misinterpret and distort what I say is proof of nothing and demonstrates that you are wrong - I did not say what you accused me of.

So, apology please.

Isn't it time you threw your toys out the pram again and stormed off? It's your usual m.o.

• barry
    barry

I wouldnt worry too much about Simons opinions my first wife was a communist sympathiser and sounded just like Simon. We dont have many communists here in australia and there party has never been banned but was disbanded years ago for lack of support. Us Australians have allways supported the US because we beleive the US is leader of the free world and has the same ideals we also respect.

We have allways supported the US in conflict including Vietnam and now in Irak and Her Majestys forces will continue their support from Australia.

Just got the news about the incident in march in Irak. The soldiers have been cleared.

• barry
    barry

No I dont beleive 3000 inocent people deserve to die on 9/11 and Im not even a yank

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I read the story about this on the BBC website, and I made a comment there and it was posted.

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=1&threadID=2021&start=30&tstart=0&&&&edition=2&ttl=20060603110727

I wrote...

Added: Friday, 2 June, 2006, 17:19 GMT 18:19 UK

Perhaps if George W. Bush would have received a little "Ethical Training", we would never have gone to war.

It is truly sad that some people would have to be trained to be ethical in the first place...

CJ Ronto, Dallas, TX U.S.A.

Recommended by 43 people

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

How many of you feel that we Americans got what we deserved on 9/11?

I was as appalled as anyone at the loss of innocent life..but one has to think what goes around comes around.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    How many of you feel that we Americans got what we deserved on 9/11?

I, actually, think that this is a horrible thing to say! I guess there was no one in your family that was killed that day. I'll never feel that way about any innocent human being being killed.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Extra training ... so you know that shooting babies is WRONG ?!?

Interesting 'discussion' lol. The misunderstanding /re-interpretation of Simon's language by AF particularly so.

I know a few Vietnam vets and the stories they tell about US methods of warfare are quite alarming. Australia and the US have very different ways of fighting. Generally our armed forces can't abide waste at any level and fight by stealth whereas the yanks fight by grunt and attempts at overwhelming force. In Vietnam helicopter pilots bombed an area with daisy cutters - a football sized bomb that blew 3"nails over an area the size of a football field.

After they'd done the job they'd land and carry out a body count. At a party in Adelaide, I once heard an american huey pilot bragging about his '600 odd kills'. A vietnam vet workmate of mine countered with "how many of them were women and kids?" at this the guy went absolutely ape shit. (I guess most of his cowardly actions were against women and kids). I hope the arsehole has nightmares and dies a painful death (oh I do think I broke my vow not to wish evil

Unfortunately things haven't changed. While Australian soldiers frequent Bagdads cafes and kebab shops, Americans drive around, music blearing, shooting from fear rather than intelligent evaluation. I doubt any amount of the proposed "ethics training" will stop the entrenched callousness of US forces.

The US military could learn a lot from Australia. They'd only need check out our current operations in Timor Leste, the Solomons and Iraq.

For all their faults and failings the US are our allies and our friendship with the american people has never been stronger or more productive.

unclebruce

mmm to post or not to post ..aw bugger it lol..

• glitter
    glitter

America = American government (I've heard it argued that when nutter Muslims shriek "Death to America!" they mean the destruction of values and institutions that make America *America* rather than killing actual families.... still vile though.)
    You = You government
    Us/We = our government

It's the same with sporting events, I could say "We beat Germany 5-1" and nobody in England would think it was a strange turn of phrase... they'd know I didn't mean I was in the team! :)

I think the You/We/Us could *perhaps* be a misunderstanding based on cultural differences.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I think the You/We/Us could *perhaps* be a misunderstanding based on cultural differences.

While I understand exactly what you mean, this doesn't cover it when one says, "Dumb Americans." Adding the S to the end changes the meaning, don't you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit