The Discoveries of Barbara Anderson - Eyewitness to Deceit

by Dogpatch 99 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

Yes Barbara, a book sounds like a great idea.........lots of work, but then a good portion of it is written?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

You need to write a book, in that you have a "modern day" perspective of the inner workings of Watchtower.

I agree with Dismembered!!!

Lady Liberty

• Poztate
    Poztate

BTTT

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Look how many times this has been read...almost 5,000 times!!

L.L.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Hi Barb and Joe,

Just finished reading your essay. Only was able to print off 15 pages the other day, but when we returned home we did as you said with a PDF file and all pages copied fine. It's so sad that the ones we love won't even give us a hearing ear. Perhaps someday, who knows what will happen in their lives, that will cause them to wonder at things you have said. Hopefully so. As Lady Liberty said, their hearts need to be open to the real truth first. You both put it all "on the line" for what was the right thing to do, and we all appreciate your efforts. Thank you again.

Little Bo Peep

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow, what a great story. Barbara needs to write a book.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Barbara,

One can only wonder how on earth the new GB members can reconcile their consciences to what really goes on behind the scenes at Bethel. It's a business--plain and simple. This is how it started when Russell incorporated it and this is how it will end, as a business. Empires come and go, and the WTS is no exception. Russell buried his money in the WTS corporation to make it harder for the piper to get his money (his wife). The WTS of today buries its money in the corporation to keep the tax man, federal prosecutors, and trial attorneys from putting their gruby hands around its cash. But with the paranoid-zoo like atmosphere you testify to, one can only wonder what on earth has proped the religious heirarchy up this long. When I think about Dave Sinclair and his well-trained WTS smile (for the public) and his well-honed hardnosed bean counter self (reserved for his confidential Zone Overseer assignments), and then I stop to think what made him that way, it leaves no doubt that the house of cards will be coming down in my lifetime.

Thanks again for sharing.

Marvin Shilmer

• gerry
    gerry

Barbara

thanks for the insight.

Back in 1991 one of those articles was instrumental in helping a young brother come forward about his abuse. At the time he had a breakdown after reading one of the articles. His perpetrator was disfellowshipped for 6 mths. After quite a number of years it was found out this boys 2 older brothers had also been abused and it has only been in the last few years that they have spoken up. Also this perpetrator abused many other young boys but thats another story.

In researching "child abuse" in the watchtower library CD I notice that 1995 seems to be the last major article dealing with child abuse. Yet one of those articles in the 90's quotes an authority saying "Public Awareness is the best defense against child abuse"

My question is why have they been so silent on this matter since that time? Have you made a similar observation? The societies VNR and media releases refer to the fact we have written material to help victims etc ..... but it is over 10 yrs old.

Yet quite regularly articles are rehashed in the watchtower about gossip or other meaningless stuff as compared to the trauma one experiences with a son or daughter or sibling or friend being abused. Not to mention the trauma the innocent family of the abuser experiences.

I think their silence shows their guilt
    gerry hatrick

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Barbara,

I also wish to thank you for your work, what you have done has been needed for quite some time.

Just wanted to ask a question of you on something mildly related to this thread. I remember you and Joe when you attended a certain KH in Brooklyn, NY. Maybe you will answer this question at a later time(in book form?), but I just wanted to know what your observations where of men like Bob Johnson and Arthur Worsley...heavies back at that time(late 80's to mid 90's) who also attended the same cong. Did they really tow the company line completely or in private conversations did they reveal doubts and have reservations about the FDS and how things were done?

Anxiously awaiting your reply.

ec

• unique1
    unique1

Excellent article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit