The Discoveries of Barbara Anderson - Eyewitness to Deceit

by Dogpatch 99 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

From word you can cut and paste, but on acrobat I have to flick between screens and re-type the quote in full.

Incidentally, the link at the start of the thread doesn't seem to be working any more. Does anyone have an active link?

Slim

• AlanF
    AlanF

This link is html and you can copy from it: http://www.freeminds.org/women/barbdiscovery.htm

AlanF

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks.

Slim

• garybuss
    garybuss

This might not apply to the subject document, but I can select and copy text in acrobat. Maybe I can't in all, I never checked. When I select and copy, I often take text to a plain text editing program with spell check and an unwrap feature like Eudora. I've copy and pasted and edited a lot of acrobat reader text that way.

Edited to write: Yup it works fine.

Introduction In late autumn of 2005, I contacted Barbara Anderson, who, along with Bill Bowen, a former elder from Kentucky, came to the aid of many Jehovah?s Witnesses? children, who were victims of sexual abuse.

My purposing in contacting Barbara was to find out what happened to her since she discontinued her association with Jehovah?s Witnesses back in 2002, and ask her if she would write her story for my book. She agreed and sent me much more information than I could use in ten pages. We agreed that I could shorten her story for my book, Dommedag m?ente (Judgment Day Must Wait), but I promised that I would try to publish the long version of her story on Gyldendal?s website. For that purpose, Barbara edited the material she originally provided me, and also included new information not previously included in the first edition that she had sent. This explains why there are some differences between the following account and Barbara?s story in my book.

Originally, when I asked Barbara to write her story, I did not know much about Jehovah?s Witnesses child sexual abuse problems. However, after reading Barbara?s story, I was forced to revise my attitude toward this sensitive matter, and finally I decided to reveal Barbara?s eyewitness testimony because now it seems to be an important part of the late history of Jehovah?s Witnesses regardless of the number of cases.

Edited again to write: Oops! It doesn't fix curly quotes. I'd have to go to Word to fix that.

• ErEf
    ErEf

One person on our little forum in the netherlands nickname Ukkie what means Little One translated all pages into Dutch...

this is the link to it

De Ontdekkingen van Barbara Anderson in pdf

• Balaamsass
  • Aware!
    Aware!

The links are not working. Can anyone upload the story again, please? I know it's a chapter in the Danish Book that has probably already been published, but Barbara Anderson said she wrote more for the website that's not in the book. I couldn't find it on freeminds.org.

• transhuman68
  • Aware!
    Aware!

The publishers asked me to do a longer version for their website and I wrote a little over 27 single-spaced pages which is far longer than what is found in the book because I added lots more information.
    Transhuman68: Thanks, but I think I got confused. I was looking for the 27 pages she mentioned.
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

There is a 'Part 2'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit