The Discoveries of Barbara Anderson - Eyewitness to Deceit

by Dogpatch 99 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

~dup~

• sf
    sf

Was thinking...should have called it I-Witness To Deceit.

sKally

• Cellist
    Cellist

Thank you Barbara and Elsewhere. I look forward to reading it.

Cellist

• willyloman
    willyloman

Wow! Thanks, Randy, for posting this. And thank you, Barbara, for sharing your story with us. I hope this turns into a book. It would make a worthy companion to C of C.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

It IS a book, that was only chapter 24 from the Danish version. It will hopefully be published in English soon!

Randy

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

To clear up any confusion: The Danish book, Judgment Day Must Wait" contains a chapter which is titled, "Discoveries of Barbara Anderson." It is 14 double-spaced pages long. The publishers asked me to do a longer version for their website and I wrote a little over 27 single-spaced pages which is far longer than what is found in the book because I added lots more information.
    Barbara

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford in a bathing suit??!!!! Oh, the Horror, the Horror!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Just kidding about Rutherford!

There are things that really are horrible about The Watchtower that Barbara mentions in her article.

Barbara Anderson has written an informative and important chapter for that book. I am glad that an expanded English version of it has been made available on the internet.

--VM44

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Barbara, Joe, Randy, and Bill. It is only a matter of time, how.ever long it takes, that the Watchtower will have to answer for all it's deceit. Thank you for all that you have done over the years. When I read the article, I could follow you through the years that you were describing along with the articles cited by you. As a former Elder and fader, I served during those years that you described and followed the Society's direction along with my fellow elder's even though I found it hard to swallow that direction. The conversation stopper at the time was "Wait on Jehovah and his organization". Barbara, you will win your wrongful disfellowship case, defamation of one's person is a serious offense.

Blueblades

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Barbara & Joe,

You are both gems among men, and I salute your indefatigable energy and commitment. Thank you for unzipping the body bags and letting some light fall into the shady corners of the corridors of power.

More than anything, these insights read and digested by the numerous active Jehovah's Witnesses who read this site from the shadow of their worst fears, will prove to them just how fragile the walls of the WTS really are. Where they expect to find God's spirit they will just find tiny little men, many of whom are partially educated, writing doctrine that determines how they must exist, how they must feel, and how they must act, and in some cases whether they have a right to life.

I well remember the words of a mutual JW acquaintance spoken to me in worried and hushed tones many years ago when I questioned some doctrine or the other, 'When you question the GB, you are in reality questioning God.'

The GB, actually one member in particular, worked this person into a massive nervous breakdown by setting and insisting on deadlines that only a team of ten might meet. In his sick bed while recovering from his grave illness, the GB member flew over from Brooklyn and happened to visit him. He spent twenty minutes loudly and publicly berating him for his pride at not being able to say 'no' when too much work landed on his desk. The question is, how does one say 'no' to God?

When I read the posts of 'Scholar' on this Board, a man who obviously puts his loyalty to the WTS way above his personal ethics, it strikes me that more than anything, it is fear that motivates and propels Jehovah's Witnesses into a dissonant hell where everything is wrong and at the same time right.

You are one remarkable woman Barbara, and my suggestion is that you should run for President. After all, it is about time the 'greatest democracy on earth' had a female president. Even Muslim Pakistan has managed that one!

Kind regards as ever - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit