Another poll: raised in or came in?

by under_believer 106 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Raised in the religion by my mother, my father was not, in fact he was against it. He just worked a lot and this gave plenty of time for my mom to turn us against him.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My grandmother began studying with the International Bible Students, I think that’s what they were if I remember correct, my mother was raised in it and brought my father into it, married, then my brother and I were born into it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Raised in it, from age 6 on.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Raised

(no way i would have be conned otherwise.)

I am shocked that almost all responses are from raised people, or are all the converts too ashamed to answer?

• nomoreTRUTHplz
    nomoreTRUTHplz

came in but didnt stay long at all i felt pressured by family and study conductor to get baptized and within two months of baptism i hardly went to meetings one year after being baptized i went to my last meeting

• luna2
    luna2
    ...or are all the converts too ashamed to answer?

Could be. I'm certainly ashamed of myself. *sigh*

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    ...or are all the converts too ashamed to answer?

***Could be. I'm certainly ashamed of myself. *sigh* ***
    You disgust me Luna you freak .. what were you thinking ..now go sit in the corner and don't speak till you're called!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    am shocked that almost all responses are from raised people, or are all the converts too ashamed to answer?

LOL

Would anyone that converted like to buy a bridge?

Back to the subject, I was born in but left at 15 for two years then went back when I ended up working with a brother.

• luna2
    luna2

Unc, you're so strict!

Dr., I would probably have bought that bridge back then (if I'd had the money). I was not only gullible but I had an almost unnatural desire not to disappoint people...and I really loved the woman who studied with me.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I placed™ my first mags at 10 and gave my first talk™ at 11 (just happened to be my 11th birthday) I was quite a late strater compared to some of you

OK, now I've said something sort of "on topic" I can play ...nyaaaahhaarrr..

I ended up working with a brother.

Let me guess .. you ran arround in a van plastering ceilings .. you carried his ladders and paint pots? ....um .. I know - you spent november and december selling pine trees door to door

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit