Another poll: raised in or came in?

by under_believer 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

I am came into it 1987 started to study then baptised in 1989...decided enough was enough and left in Mmmmm! I keep saying September but it must have been August has I did not go to the District Convention. Anyway that was in 2005 when I left

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Born and raised in it. Left Escaped Did a quick fade at 23.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Luna, Dr. Jekyll is working directly for Satan de Debbil

Yeah but the pay's soooooooooo good and I get as many bikini clad apostababes as I want

• prophecor
    prophecor

Harvested from the outside. Raised around the truth, however, I've never even felt as if a witness, even after baptism.

• White Waves
    White Waves

raised in.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Came in (with part of my family) at 13.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Came in - sort of!

i.e. My grandmother became a JW when I was eight or nine years old. She saw to it that our house had plenty of WTS propaganda literature lying around in it. Me being an avid reader by the time of my early teens, and I fell for it!

Jack.

PS: It may sound hard to believe, but I don't resent my grandparents for this. They did believe that they were doing the right thing. (But then, didn't we all at one point?)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My Mom "got the goods" when I was 4 or so, and that was the same year that she went hog-wild in service and started leaving us with the babysitter to go out in service for an ungodly amount of hours per day. The babysitter, unfortunately, left us with her two teenaged male sons who took advantage of a couple of us (siblings) sexually, while their Mother went to the store. They weren't Hoovers: but if Mom WASNT a Hoover, she would not have left us with them, and she would have been home with us, where she belonged. I will never forget year 4. Raised or not: it seemed like a lifetime until I was free at 20.

CG

P.S. She's still putting in as many hours as she can, 40 years later.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Mom was raised in it but left and got married but unfortunately she convinced Dad to convert. So I was raised in it from 5 years old.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Raised in from age 7.

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit