Another poll: raised in or came in?

by under_believer 106 Replies latest jw friends

• kazar
    kazar

Came in. The only one ever in my family history, for which everyone had an adjective for me such as high-strung, tempermental, mentally unstable.

• Synergy
    Synergy

raised from the womb

• evita
    evita

Mom started studying when I was 14. After that I didn't have a much of a choice.

• Honesty
    Honesty

See my profile. I'm too ashamed to type it again.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

My Dad got baptized when I was about 5.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Converted, I think I have a lot in common with kazar :)

• Es
    Es

raised from birth

es

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

My mom started a study when I was 10. I got baptized at 14 mostly because my best friend did.

• morwen
    morwen

born and raised .....so was my husband.....and just about everyone else in my wacky a$$ family.

Anyone remember a talk given a few years ago at a DC that said we were no longer suppose to use the term "born and raised in the "truth" you were to say you were "raised around the" truth"??? I remember thinking......what the?? Isn't that what it is...born and raised....shrugged shoulders and still used the no-no term anyway.

Morwen

• Gregor
    Gregor

My mother and father met through the JW org. in 1942. Their parents were all JW. I was born in 1945 and my first convention was at Cedar Point Ohio, I was like 2 months old. That's probably when the first seeds of doubt began to sprout in my little head. It is truly amazing that I escaped at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit