Newbie question; Why do JW hypocrites PROVE that they're a cult?

by psycsnacha 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shazard
    Shazard

Hey hello and welcome. If you are walking around telling ppl "good news" then I guess you are telling them gospel as Paul did in 1 Cor 15:1-5, coz if you are telling something else, then read Gal 1 But I guess as you are God's servant you are doing just like Paul did - preaching Jesus, coz we don't have any other Name given in which we have salvation (Acts 4:12) and coz Jesus gained name above all the names (Phil 2:9) and coz Jesus is sitting higher than any Name pronounced in this time or following (Eph 1:21)? It is written ""This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." (Luk 24:46-47)
    So are these the good news you preach? Or do you preach something else (read Gal 1)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I honestly take most of the stuff I study from the WTS as the most accurate (of all the other denominations).

Let me introduce myself. I too am educated and love learning - and I agree with your statement above. I want to give a BALANCED REPLY

To me only the WTS truly teaches NO TRINITY - the more I read scripture, and ancient books and resort to common sense, it "proves' more and more that the WTS are correct about this.

The WTS society teaches no such thing as hell fire -why would a God of Love torture somebody for eternity in Hell. It makes no sense and is not scriptural. It "proves" to me that the WTS are correct about this.

Jesus did a preaching work and so did his disciples - I know some other religions do also - but not nearly on the scale of JWs. So the yendeavour to be "footstep followers" of Jesus. It "proves" to me that the WTS are correct about this.

There are other points too. However, I agree, no other religion to me, comes close to what they teach. I have not yet found anybody else who comes close.

HOWEVER - they have other prcatices that ar eunscriptural and even ANTI-SCRIPTURAL - Take a look at their reinstatement procedures and then look at the parable of the prodigal son - there have been threads on this.they bear no resemblance at all.

And CHRONOLOGY - well please read "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" by Carl Olaf Johnnson and Crsis of Conscience by Raymond Franz

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

psycsnacha WELCOME to the Board By the way

• Scully
    Scully

Regarding Lifton's Criteria for Thought Reform and Totalism, chapter 22 of his book which lists those criteria is excerpted here. There is also a link on the same page that offers the entire book for purchase.

I'm kind of surprised that as a person with a degree in psychology, you've never encountered Lifton's work... it's considered to be practically fundamental basic social psychology "doctrine" (for lack of a better word).

• parlay
    parlay

If you love to learn, do you understand that becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses will curtail that?

The WBTS teaches that the only thing really worth learning is what they teach, and if one has true faith,

accepted without question.

Learning involves the ability to ask questions. This is taboo once one becomes baptized.

If you ask questions they can't or don't want to answer, you will be looked at as lacking faith. Many

have been disfellowshipped for just that. "There is nothing wrong with trying to refute the teachings and practices of a religious group that a person may feel is incorrect." (Awake!

“It is important, then, that you "keep testing whether you are in the faith," as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God's Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life. - Isa. , Dy; 2 Cor. 13:5.” (Watchtower may 1, 1958 p. 261)

Isn't it hypocritical that the WBTS encourage others to do what JW"s are discouraged from doing?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Do not look upon a human organization to be God for you. All they can do is guide you. I

They direct ..they do not guide. There is a difference....a BIG difference. The Watchtower directs the members as to how they should think, walk, talk, dress, marry, breed, read and have sex - all the while brainwashing people into believing they are God's mouthpiece. They martyr those that have died for their lies. I would imagine with your education that you could easily understand the pricinples of cult thinking by acknowledging that cults create an illusion of 'family' by using common bonding familial terms like 'brothers' and 'sisters'. This is done to remove the person from the bonds of fleshly family and create a new family within the cult and summarily sever all ties if need be to that fleshly family in order to serve the cult better. sammieswife.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Stilla,

I dont think you are really accurate in what you say. Other groups do not teach the Trinity, such as Bible Students, Mormons and Christadelphians.

Other groups also do not teach hellfire.

Also most other groups are as effective at preaching, hence many other religions growing just as quickly. They just do not go door to door (except Mormons and 7th dayers), which is not prescribed scripturally as the main way to preach anyway.

I think that a person only would think JWs have it best because that is what they know best.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I'm kind of surprised that as a person with a degree in psychology, you've never encountered Lifton's work... it's considered to be practically fundamental basic social psychology "doctrine" (for lack of a better word).

That struck me as odd too!

Even being from a non medical/psychology background I had certainly heard of him...

DB74

• Undecided
    Undecided

If the bible is really the word of God to instruct us in our worship of him it hasn't worked. There is no correct understanding of it except in the minds of some religious person or organization. How do you find the truth? Who do you listen to? I know, believe in Jesus...but he is only a small portion of the bible and if that is all that's required the bible could be one page, proven by God to be HIS words.

If you are searching for the truth of a God the only thing we have as proof is the universe and we don't understand it much better than the human book called the bible. Good luck on your search for truth of religion or belief in a God.

Ken P.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Psycsnacha,

Welcome to the forum!! Many here have been very faithful dedicated JWs for many years! For various reasons we have left. One reason, many of us here have left, is over the 607 issue. Jehovahs Witnesses are the ONLY ones that teach Jerusalem was destroyed in 607. Every source outside their literature point to 586/587. I am sure if you have studied for the length of time you have, you will realize that without 607, you do not have 1914. With out that, the whole thing crumbles! Please, I encourage you to read my story to see in detail why I left. If you love history, you will get alot out of my story. Fell free to PM me with any questions. Just remember, a thourough examination will only be faith strengthening if it is indeed truth. And Jehovah expects us to "make sure of ALL things." I am glad you seem to be a person who wants to weigh all the facts. I you click on my member name and click "topics", then click on the topic, "Its High Time I Introduce Myself". THere are a few other topics under my name that deal with 607 if your interested. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit