Newbie question; Why do JW hypocrites PROVE that they're a cult?

by psycsnacha 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• magoo
    magoo

........uhm.......proof read before you post

magoo

• magoo
    magoo

being a medical student, i take it you plan on being a doctor? how would you deal with a medical situation that, in your opinion, only a blood transfusion would safe a person from certain death?

magoo

• juni
    juni

Good morning, Psyc.

I'm having trouble following your questions. Maybe that's the studying of psychology that makes your questions and replies hard to understand - atleast for me.

I dropped out after 21 years of VERY active involvement.

I don't feel that man-made religions = spirituality. Every religion has its own set of "rules" and doctrine to follow to get to the "promised" land - be it on a paradise Earth or heavenly bliss.

I feel you have to have a one on one relationship w/your Creator. Let Him be the Judge of all people - not for us to judge which many JWs and other church goers do. He can read hearts; we cannot.

Remember the scripture, I believe in Proverbs. "Fear the true God and keep his commandments for this is the whole obligation of man."

So basic and simple. Anytime an org. gets involved w/dictating matters of faith, there's going to be overbearing "lord it over others" mentality. I feel this is human failure.

I've chosen to have a relationship w/God on my own and recommend his goodness by practicing loving actions to my fellow man.

One thing we noticed in our 21 years as JWs is this: Used to be they would pride themselves on the fact that you would have a hard time finding the Contribution Box. NOW - they are like all of the rest of the org. religions. THEY HARP ON GIVING MORE MONEY EVEN USING YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR DONATIONS. I remember when the Catholic church was starting to use credit cards for donations, they scoffed. Now they are doing it.

Also, check out your local library for the book "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz and also his "In Search of Christian Freedom". It is all very informative material.The information will surprise you and perhaps make you cry when you read about things you never realized went on in the org. The Watchtower Society always wants its newcomers to check out their previous religion to see how it compares to what they are learning in their Bible Study. So feel free to check out the WT Society. Please, you are an intelligent person, so don't stick you head in the sand. INFORM YOURSELF.

Juni

• jojochan
    jojochan

Welcome to the forum!

Now...with that said, MY two cents

To the new convert it DOES seem nice. The idea of a worldwide brotherhood, the esoteric terms that are used and the strict moral codes. It's seems on the outside very nice to those that are looking for a whiff of "fresh" air in their life. Let's face it, we are ALL looking for something, whether it's love, the meaning of life, ect. For some peole it's God; or the concept of him/her. The society gives such a simplistic answer to such questions for those that are hurt, beat down and depressed with this world. And on the outside it LOOKS nice.But is he/she easy to peg?

What interests me is that you've been studying with them for 4 years and not in their eyes "progressed" in making a dedication, which tells me that you are "making sure of all things" which is VERY important for those that don't know how intrusive this religion will be. It involves COMPLETE dedication to the point of saying you are nothing more than a lamb, a slave in their eyes. And that you have to follow a certain qouta that Jesus never put on his fellow lovers of the real truth. They have "rules" that are unkindly yolks to those that have toiled under them for YEARS. Those that were raised in the "truth" can tell you likewise.

If you like to be told what to do be a witness.

If you like to study ONLY from their sources, be a witness.

If you like information spoonfed to you, be a witness.

If you want to escape from the mafia, be a witness.

This is not negative my friend, but a fact. A fact that I know, no but beg you to consider.

Start from the beginning, please...and learn why this religion became apostate from what Russell had started. And please you must read the back issues of their doctrines. And read the Bible in Living english, and then their N.T translation. Read who translated the Living English version. And keep in mind that the society sacntioned it in that time long ago.

Interesting that you must read only their sources, and when the sunday talk is being given, you stick to THEIR outline.

If you like reruns, be a witness.

If you like to be a parrot....be a witness.

I have become drained from their doctrines, and although I'm grateful that I have a set of morals and follow the golden rule, I too am on that road in life in finding out just what IS siprituality.

I hope that you'll come to that conclusion my freind. Whether you'll want to stay with them or not.

You have my respect nontheless.

Thanks for reading, and take care.

jojochan.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    You say you have a psych background - have you ever studied Lifton's work on thought reform and totalitarianism? JWs fit all eight criteria that Lifton identified in groups who employ unethical forms of thought reform/mind control. Why don't you check it out, and come back to discuss it with us?

Damn...deep. I'll check that one out.

jojochan.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    How would you all NOW describe your search for God? Those who are ex-JWs, is your path towards finding the truth about God any clearer since you left? Are you non-denominational now and if so how do you reconcile the bibles words of not forsaking the gathering of brothers and sisters, also of the words of the existence of a united body of christian brothers and sisters.

I don't have to go to far to find my search for God....He is here all the time.....Yes, my path is much clearer as I can see now that God does not require a man-made organization for me to worship him and his son Jesus Christ.

The gathering of oursleves together is easy....we find each other without searching and it is amazing how we think alike. All over the world there are believers who are United with Christ in their heart. God and his Son and his Holy Sprit know who they are.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

How can fulfillment of this be explained if not by the worldwide preaching work of the JWs?

Why are the Dubz in such a hurry to "fulfill" it? after all, according to them, the end will not happen without their direct involvement. Imaging that! Janitors and lunch ladies will be responsible for the end of the world!

Aren't they incurring a blood debt by speeding along (in their minds) 6.5 Billion human deaths to use as their entry ticket to paradise?

One of the reasons that Dubs accept the last days propoganda (and have accepted it every day for the last 150 years) is that their contacts are limited to other Dubz.

Kind of hard to appreciate the beauty and good that is inherent in most people when your God (The WT) forbids you to associate with them. Does that REALLY sound like something Jesus would do?

• psycsnacha
    psycsnacha

as a future physician, a patient's ethics on blood is his/her own. The ethical dilemma is not mine.

• psycsnacha
    psycsnacha

Regarding Lifton's work, no I haven't but i'll definitely check it out. If you know any credible online sources then please message me.

• acadian
    acadian

They claim to represent God...to be the only channel on earth that God is using... Here's a few qoutes from the Watchtower mag. from 1972, and the Bible...

*** w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’ ***
    "A third way of coming to know Jehovah God is through his representatives. In ancient times he sent prophets as his special messengers. While these men foretold things to come, they also served the people by telling them of God’s will for them at that time, often also warning them of dangers and calamities. People today can view the creative works. They have at hand the Bible, but it is little read or understood. So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?" w72 4/1 p. 197

"IDENTIFYING

THE "PROPHET"

"These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? The clergy of the so-called "Christian" nations hold themselves before the people as being the ones commissioned to speak for God. But, as pointed out in the previous issue of this magazine, they have failed God and failed as proclaimers of his kingdom by approving a man-made political organization, the League of Nations (now the United Nations), as "the political expression of the Kingdom of God on earth."
    (HMMM, the WTS had a 10 year association with the United Nations, what does that make them?)

However, Jehovah did not let the people of Christendom, as led by the clergy, go without being warned that the League was a counterfeit substitute for the real kingdom of God. He had a "prophet" to warn them. This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning, and have been joined and assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of thousands of persons who have listened to their message with belief.

Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?

w72 4/1 p. 197

Now let's look at how bible describes a prophet of God...

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22) 20

"‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’. . . I invite you to look at the history of the WTS, from it's beginning to the present, the facts don't lie, the WTS does... Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit