Newbie question; Why do JW hypocrites PROVE that they're a cult?

by psycsnacha 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• psycsnacha
    psycsnacha

Hello, I discovered this site yesterday and have been on it for hours! I've been studying with Jehovah's Witnesses for 4 years and quite frankly love it. A bit of background, I am a college educated young man (have a BS in psychology) and am currently a medical student. I love history and reading in general so the seemingly intelligent discussion I've seen here has intrigued me. My question is simple. The bible repeatedly says that mankind are born sinners. That being said, Why the ranting and raving of ex-JW's and ex-bible studens about hypocricisies of other JWs. Was this not expected. I'll admit, the standard of teaching and conduct is hard identify with but the brothers and sisters within the various congregations I've belonged to have always been honest with the fact that they were humans too. I respect that standard (both with the WTS and the bible in general) so while I do endure a bit of guilt when I fall short, it's a noble fight to move my life towards those higher standards.

I've been to all christian churches of many denominations and honestly find what's taught under the Watchtower society to me is better than the rest. It's impressive to see the people on this website who are serious enough about studying the bible to do their own research. I'm curious to know, are most of the people here who've been driven away from the Watchtower Society, now independent, non-denominational, or now atheist?

I honestly take most of the stuff I study from the WTS as the most accurate (of all the other denominations). All the human flaws of the organization are reflective of the fact that well, we're all human. The criticism of the WTS bible scholarship stems from the fact that the bible is and very old and complex text. It's inherent that with bible scholarship and study some missing pieces have to be filled in (or at least the attempt must be made to do so). But with all this being said, I again say that I genuinely respect the bible, as a book of philosophy,standards, and truth.

I'm open to everything because I love learning so PLEASE give me your thoughts because I really haven't found the answer I'm looking for in any of the other threads.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Awk! I'm here between you and the crowd stampeding towards you - Bye!

• psycsnacha
    psycsnacha

Oh and if I may,

I would like to echo what another person said within another thread. No human organization has ever truly reflected the glory that I'm sure exists within God's heavenly government within heaven and that which he promises to come on earth. Israel did not and 1st century christians could not. Therefore, it's understandable that the Watchtower society will be riddled with problems. I think people are mostly put off with the seemingly lack of honest about these problems. That's understandable. The WTS literature's reasoning seems too squeeky clean and this is the reason I bang my head against the wall when I can love it and and accept it while reading it but just can't quite...manifest it completely within my own life. That's life. Therefore I'm back to my original point, we're human.

So, why the reliance on pointing out hypocrites to prove points? Oh and perhaps a suggestion, when criticizing could we comment also on examples of better behavior/doctrine/belief else where. Because according to the sentiment I'm now getting from this site, it would be better for one serious about bible study to do it solely on his own. Wouldn't this discount the very words of the bible about God spirit providing for teachers to teach/shepard those who don't know about him or are learning?

• KW13
    KW13

Put it this way mate, were not bitter, some of us have JW's in our family. (i do, infact i live with them).

A web of lies, the Watchtower Society is that and nothing more or less. They have affected my life and many many other people too have been affected by their lies.

There are scandals, there are twists in the truth. If you want to be a Witness, no problem but if you'd been a witness and then left, you'd understand this site a bit better. We left for GOOD and VALID reasons.

United Nations Scandal

607 B.C.E lie

They PREDICTED the end of the world in 1914, 1975 e.t.c (1914, there are books on E-bay by the witnesses you can buy to prove that)

and more stuff too. Things on a personal level to big things.

Yes, the society will probably refute the claims we make here but they aren't gonna be in a hurry to say they lied.

• psycsnacha
    psycsnacha

I'm all about learning andJesus defended himself with precise reason so bring it!

• KW13
    KW13

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf That is a PDF file on the United Nations site. The Society have claimed to be no part of this world and remain seperate from the UN. Infact they refer to it as the disgusting thing.

Visit www.un.org as well so you can check its the real site. NOTE: The criteria for them being NGO's.

• psycsnacha
    psycsnacha

The fact that lives have been affected is understandable. Lives have been affected believing in the American dream (lie, whatever you wanna call it). Therefore analysis should be kept simple. If your not sure if you truly believe in a Christian God then admit it. Do not look upon a human organization to be God for you. All they can do is guide you. Trust me, I understand MANY of the stories being told here. I live the struggle too! But, that being said, I'm my own person. I'm susceptible to being swayed and misguided by many many things around me. All I can do is keep moving and hope that Jehovah in the end really does read the heart. That's all that matters.

• Gill
    Gill

Jesus said to 'beware of false prophets!' That's what the WTBTS is, a false prophet. Now it's up to you start reading the old literature going back to 1874. Then you can decide for yourself whether they're false prophet. Or, you can decide to follow their 'New Light' BS. It's up to you. See how clever you REALLY are! Good luck!

• KW13
    KW13

i don't believe in a human ORG. I go to church every week, i try and help others but thats not the point, i am not the point.

Rather the UN Document there is the POINT. Read it and accept, ignore and reject whatever. No skin off my nose but don't say that we 'lacked answers or resources'

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

The Malawi/Mexico issue was the most disgusting betrayal of JW members and the reason I left for good! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/31982/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit