This forum

by jw 131 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

As a forum, no. God's spirit is not guiding us as a collective group. The forum is filled with MANY beliefs and customs, many ethnicities, many orientations, many different paths. Even yours.

You are kind of hypocritical to start a negative thread topic to rail against our negativity, I think. You have also made it more likely that the threads you aspire to start will be met by people whose attitudes toward you are heavily influenced by your asinine remarks on this thread. In other words, you set yourself up to be convinced of the prejudice you started with.

I think you owe the forum an apology for your attitude. If you walked into my home and expressed similar sentiment with similar superiority, I would find you incredibly rude, would tell you so, and would show you the door if you didn't agree. Fortunately for you, this is someone else's house, but you would do well to remember that it isn't your house. The other posters here are also the owner's guests.

AuldSoul

• jw
    jw
    jw - I really believe you could enjoy this place, and there are many Christains here to prove it, if you just develop a sense of humour.

Honestly, I do not have a sense of humor.

But I do appreciate your comment.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

JW,

My response to you shows my Christian attitude. I showed by the scriptures how you an tell those who have the spirit and also explained like you noticed that not all christians do have the spirit or will Jesus said. I did not attack you in any way but did admonish that we christians can not judge anyone about whether or not they have the spirit. I did not do so in a negative wall at all. Many here have been trying to respond to you in a christ like way, but you are the one who is negative and judgemental. there are a lot of christians here and a lot who admit no belief in god.

If you do not find the spirit here at all, you are welcomed to leave. that is all we are saying. whatever you decide, be in peace.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

jw:

Do you feel that you are guided by God's Spirit?

If your answer is "Yes"

Then, is it not possible that this same Spirit was the guiding force that brought YOU here?

If your answer is "No"

Then why not let each individual judge as to why he or she is here!

Cheers!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

jw,

Personally I'm not here to be guided by the Spirit but neither is the false prophesying org you belong to. There is a lot of spirit in this forum which attracted me to join in the first place

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Jw - sorry to hear that you do not have a sense of humor. That has helped many get thru difficult patches in their lives. A little laughter goes a long way.

As for feeling as if people are insulting you, maybe if you looked at it from an opposite approach it might be a little helpful. Have you ever thought that some of your posts are insulting? Have you ever wondered if you sounded judgmental or condesending? Or how about combative? If you feel people are misunderstanding you, maybe you could be misunderstanding them in return.

I have found if you treat people with respect, they will do like-wise. As for some people who may be a little rough around the edges, well maybe they do mean to be that way, but that is the way they unintentially come across on the thread. Being nice works both ways.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, jw. I was afraid you had left for good. Nice to see you around again.

Galatians 5: 22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Like Auld Soul, I think you are, unjustly, dismissing the entire discussion board as if we all spoke with the same voice. We do not. Everyone is imperfect, most people have a bad day once in a while. But in the full stretch of things, are we doing good?

The way I see it, each of us can choose to add to our community or take away. I like to add. I think I do a pretty good job at it, too. I regularly receive thanks from members of the board for providing inspiration, encouragement, or a new perspective.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/112544/1.ashx

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Can you people honestly say Gods Spirit is Guiding you? ......and why not?

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hi, JW , Thanks for your insightful post.

However, I feel that either inadvertantly, or deliberately, you are confusing us with vocabulary that has multiple meanings, all of which need greater clarity. Your initial query was : Do we believe that "God's Spirit" is "guiding" us.

I am not sure that is relevant one way or another, since we certainly do not consider ourselves to be EXCLUSIVE spokespersons for God.Like you, all of us are attempting to experience the divine, but in our own way, and we share this experience in verbal, not spirit, communication. So really, it does not MATTER whether this is "Holy Spirit" guided or not. And I am not sure why it should concern you anyway.

However, since you are the one who brought it up, maybe you can help us by DEFINING the terms you used.

What exactly do you mean by "God's spirit"? Are you referring to a THING, like an energy, or force, or even a portion of butter, we use on our toast? or are you referring to a Person, who like God CAN guide us? You see, if you mean the Holy Spirit is a THING, - you - not us will have to explain how this thing can "guide" any one. Get me?

Very often, the NT refers to the Holy Spirit as "speaking", well, does the Holy Spirit speak? How can it, if it is a thing? A radio "talks" but at no time can we describe a radio as "Conversing" with anyone, since it has no volition. To speak, one needs volition, thats why animals cannot speak.

Also what do you mean "guide"? You seem to imply that we believe the Holy Spirit is "BEHIND" this Forum, if that is the case, this isn't "Guiding" is it? To guide, one must LEAD, right? How in your opinion, does the Spirit LEAD?

See, once you explain these things to us, then, and only then, we can have an intelligent conversation, Get me?

Cheers

• willyloman
    willyloman

Well, the site's been growing like crazy, so that certainly proves we have God's blessing. On the other hand, there hasn't been a newbie sign up all day, so evidently the work is slowing down -- which must mean the end is near and therefore we have God's blessing.

Isn't that how you dubs explain it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit