How do you handle extremely rude people in public?

by Virgochik 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Es
    Es

ohh bug hugs virgochick thats terrible.....i get very emotional when people rub me up the wrong way i would never have been able to handle that so calmly as you did

you did great

es

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like the staring post best...good advice

I have this tiny little book called "Nasty People" has some good advice on handling rude people like that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071410228/104-2411020-3099943?v=glance&n=283155

Josie

• Gregor
    Gregor

Virgochick, I don't know that there is an answer to just plain, snotty, no class people. My wife has been a saleswoman for a very upscale dept. store (SAKS) for many years. She has a loyal clientele of very wealthy women. Funny thing is, the wealthier they are the nicer and more patient they are. The ones that are the rudest are those who are probably buying their first and last pair of $650.00 shoes, then they'll go back to JC Penny.

Those two you dealt with sound like they probably have no other way to feel important other than by being rude to people who can't really respond in kind. They are chickenshit. Wouldn't it have been nice to say "Go lie down by your bowl and I'll call you when I'm ready!" But, alas, most of us need our job!

Hang in there sweetheart!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Virgo, Sorry you had to deal with a**holes like them. I know all too well customers like that. Brooke, I kneel in admiration at your feet.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

There's no pleasing some people. I think it's a game with some people; to see how rude they can be and get away with it. I remember my first retail job with a chain no longer around. I used to see people lie thru their teeth to get the best offer on tires, appliances, furniture. It was horrible the way they acted. My boss would just give into them. Perhaps that's why they are out of business.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Thank you, all of you! You've all been so sweet and made me feel much better. Lots of good advice too, so I've got lots of choices!

It just blows me away, how a nurse can possibly be so insensitive, knowing my situation. I guess she and her frumpy friend felt better by hurting somebody's feelings. Yes, sad for them, that's how I'll look at it.

• blondie
    blondie

I have 2 sides to me; in my work life I would have ignored them....I excel at that.

In my private life, I have learned ways to tell people to put their heads where the sun doesn't shine in such a way it doesn't sink in for about 2 minutes, long enough to make an exit.

Blondie (scares her husband sometimes)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In my private life, I have learned ways to tell people to put their heads where the sun doesn't shine in such a way it doesn't sink in for about 2 minutes, long enough to make an exit.

You were nice to me Blondie

• KW13
    KW13

poke them in the eye with a sharp stick.

• blondie
    blondie

stilla, you're so cute and with that accent, how could I be mean.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit