Do You Believe in The Supernatural?

by Blueblades 55 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are supernatural beings but they do not directly influence the physical part of our world, they do however influence the mind in a very profound and finely tuned way controlling moods, feelings, thoughts.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    The Bible is chock full of information about The Supernatural - Ghosts, Demons, Spirits - and the list goes on.

The Apostles, Jesus, and God spoke of the supernatural. The Bible says that the supernatural is real. Does the "SWINE" ring a bell?

Do I believe in the supernatural? NO! I also don't believe the Bible was inspired by doG either.

"SWINE" did you mean to say when pigs fly? LOL

alt

I'll believe when pigs fly.

Edited to add; no judgement on my part to those of you who have had things in which you think are supernatural experiences I am not about to think your experience isn't real to you. I offer no explaination for or against your experience or my lack of one, because it's all a matter of personal choice.

• Gregor
    Gregor

As fun as it sounds, I just can't get with it. It is the root of "Superstition" which, as Meriam-Webster defines it is:

1 a : a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation b : an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition
    2 : a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Mulan...

Those are pretty amazing stories. Thanks for sharing.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    A lot of people refuse to believe in entities dwelling in other dimensions, in the same way as a lot of them have trouble with believing in us. . .

True, in fact I think some of the "entities" from other dimensions are part of this board...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    True, in fact I think some of the "entities" from other dimensions are part of this board...

Awe.....I've been found out!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

No.

By definition supernatural refers to things outside of or beyond nature. Just because we don't understand something doesn't make it unnatural, therefore is any of the things you mentioned exist then they are automatically natural.

If they don't exist, then they are supernatural. I believe many of the things you mentioned are natural.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Next Friday May 5th, the movie "AN AMERICAN HAUNTING" comes out. There is a book entitled: The Bell Witch, the Full Account by Pat FitzHugh that give the story about the history of this true life account about an "ENTITY" that caused the death of a man.

Blueblades

• Motema Bolingo
  • Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    the most i've ever ingested was about approximatly 1/10th of a gram of LSD (1000 doses)...

Wow ! I did just one dose one night and spent the rest of the night thinking i was my best friend, that I even looked like him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit